DSCF1460_zpsaoodthhd.jpg

ready to start setting valve lash

DSCF1454_zpsundd2lju.jpg

valve lash set intake gasket mock up

DSCF1465_zpskxgovlqa.jpg

boom intake on and torqued to spec

DSCF1473_zpscsqiac7c.jpg

DSCF1474_zps34zatagk.jpg

Had to notch the valve cover to clear the blower intake elbow. Hopefully finish polishing them up and installed over the weekend.

DSCF1466_zps5hrlvyvv.jpg

And a better pic of the smoothed cowl Im patiently waiting on to return from my painter

DSCF1438_zpsqipfjcyb.jpg

With a little luck I will have this motor wrapped up this week and start to fully concentrate on the interior fabrication.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
looks awesome man that intake is polished to the max lol. are the v/c's black on sides polished on tops?

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
looks awesome man that intake is polished to the max lol. are the v/c's black on sides polished on tops?

Used to be polished to the max, I had it chrome powder coated for ease of maintenance. Yes the covers are black and polished, see below

DSCF1419_zps9krofg3u.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Used to be polished to the max, I had it chrome powder coated for ease of maintenance. Yes the covers are black and polished, see below

DSCF1419_zps9krofg3u.jpg

That pic.................

..........I need a towel.......... $-)

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've heard the chrome powdercoating doesn't hold up particularly well compared to other powdercoating finishes. I was wanting to get a lot of stuff on my supermoto build chrome powder'd but was a little nervous about it but if you're putting it on this car, then I think I may have to rethink my plans because I'm getting tired of polishing little bits lol.

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Which headers are you using? They appear to have good clearance and the 3 inch wide bolt pattern.

The headers are modified BBK's that I had ceramic coated

Damn, I'm excited!

Don't get to excited still battling some clearance issues but I do have them sorted out now. Just had to do a little reworking of the driverside valve cover lol

cover2_zpsmla2jajf.png

modcover_zpsoxqa3hiu.png

I've heard the chrome powdercoating doesn't hold up particularly well compared to other powdercoating finishes. I was wanting to get a lot of stuff on my supermoto build chrome powder'd but was a little nervous about it but if you're putting it on this car, then I think I may have to rethink my plans because I'm getting tired of polishing little bits lol.

I haven't heard of any real known issues with the chrome powder compared to other colors. I do know from previous things Ive had coated that any type of cleaner besides soap and water will kill the powder. In my case I went with the chrome powder because polishing that lower intake constantly would be the death of me. If the powder fails I can simple pop the lower off and have it repowdered. Not ideal I know but sure beats trying to keep all those small pockets and curves polished on the lower.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully that chrome holds up then! And man there will be a lot of little things that hem up here and there but it's coming!

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Hopefully that chrome holds up then! And man there will be a lot of little things that hem up here and there but it's coming!

Only time will tell with the powder, not really worried about it. Always a ton of tweeking , it never ends lol.
Anyway cover is back in one piece and I re sprayed both of them last night so that issue is over on to the next lol

repaired_zps2v7pvroy.png

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
Mile stone reached,,, all wiring and plumbing complete in the bay just waiting on my painter to finish up the firewall cover, rad cover and cowl panel and we can drop the hood on and close it.

DSCF1480_zpsfzhevzki.jpg

DSCF1504_zps0s5xsxdx.jpg

DSCF1511_zpst0yvpqnb.jpg

DSCF1518_zpsj8e2qobp.jpg

DSCF1531_zpsyojakprc.jpg

DSCF1535_zpsz2mul0fp.jpg

DSCF1538_zpszwvpnprl.jpg

DSCF1549_zpssveursho.jpg

DSCF1544_zpskogyflob.jpg

DSCF1553_zpse1axxuqh.jpg

DSCF1557_zpspjnezykj.jpg

DSCF1575_zpsutlmuiyx.jpg

DSCF1571_zps1qi8flql.jpg

DSCF1570_zpsbtqycfwp.jpg

DSCF1582_zpsswu1rikc.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That looks incredible! Try to get some shots of it standing back so we can see it in all it's capacious glory!

The question is, have you started it yet?!?

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
That looks incredible! Try to get some shots of it standing back so we can see it in all it's capacious glory!

The question is, have you started it yet?!?

Tew I was trying to show the injector wiring and modified valve covers lol. Ill post complete pics once all the panels are in and right now my painter is holding me up on that. As far as starting her im still a bit away from that as i need to wire up the fuel pump, fuel pump controller and water pump. All that is on hold till I can complete the center console that will house the switch panel for all that stuff. So your going to have to wait on the start up vids for a while as I just started making the templates for the console. I have about a month to get shit done before I head yourvway for the winter. More than likely it will be an early summer start up as theres no way i will be getting everything done that is needed to start her up before I leave. I also need to get a start up tune as im a but worried these 80# injectors will wash the cylinder walls if i try to get it running on my old tune. So hang in there a little longer lol

OP
OP
95opal

95opal

Reaction score
bye bye pinion flange hello moser pinion yoke
DSCF1587_zpscgcjpfk4.jpg

stifflers safety loop
DSCF1591_zpsr2ow86u8.jpg

all buttoned up
DSCF1663_zps4pgsvzgj.jpg

custom shroud installed