A question about lowering springs and shocks

TheOdessa

Reaction score
really not trying to crap on your decision, but i used the koni STR.Ts on my last fox and i was not impressed. I find a way no matter what now to use Bilstein on everything. It is personal opinion, but they just feel better to me.

Hey trust me I get it. Just like I said in my post I wish I went bilstein but at the time that’s all my budget allowed for.

It was better then stock to Koni but no where near what I’d call perfect. It’s border line acceptable but if I could do it again I’d rock the stock shocks til I could afford the bilstein. It’d also be a different story if it was a DD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
Hey trust me I get it. Just like I said in my post I wish I went bilstein but at the time that’s all my budget allowed for.

It was better then stock to Koni but no where near what I’d call perfect. It’s border line acceptable but if I could do it again I’d rock the stock shocks til I could afford the bilstein. It’d also be a different story if it was a DD

I get it. I've been impatient on previous builds and made decisions I had to live with. I'm trying pretty hard to keep myself to putting what I really want on my current car. If mine is not where I want in a year or 2 I find myself looking for something else. So I'm trying to get over that this time.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraEd

Reaction score
I've had really good experience with Maximum Motorsports. Their suspension components are really high quality & and have excellent tech support to help you select a package of components that will work well with each other. Struts and shocks are designed to work optimally with different ranges of spring rates. MM has a wealth of tech info on their website for all things suspension related, including tables which list which springs are well matched to specific dampers (MM, Bilstein, Koni, Tokiko, Eibach). I have lots of their suspension & chassis components on both my 85 GT and my 03 Cobra. Their tech info, & email tech support is excellent. Ck them out.

302hobronco

Reaction score
After lowering mine on stock shocks I got alot of bounce. I purchased tokico blues and they fixed the problem. They were very well priced and ride well.

Notthenow

Reaction score
I have the Ford Bullitt package that come with Tokico struts and shocks. Anyone know how they compare to blues? 302 where did you buy yours?

TrickVert

Reaction score
The blues are said to be a notch up from the Bullitt pieces. That said, I've seen no complaints from folks who have installed the full Bullitt package for both street and mild track.

Notthenow

Reaction score
I have been very happy with the improvement I got from installing the full Bullitt on my daily driver GT several years ago (especially for $500), but have picked up the Steedasport springs on sale and am wondering if I also should add the Eibach sway bars and either stick with my Tokico Bullitts or the blues or Koni base.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online