A thread for Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
hahaha, i sooo would be doing that exact fuukin thing too. mad as fuuuuk!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
lmao "i gotta do this everytime to start this thing now? i woulda just lived with the smoke!"

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
aw shit, here we go. man the ball joint thing was understandable. my inner tire had a knot in it. so i replaced my ball joints to help the shaking. that coulda happened to anyone man. i didnt see it.

no it wouldnt....just me

Cpotts13

Reaction score
as whippy said, its not a big deal.

just put a ratchet on the bolt on the front of the crank shaft, make sure its on tighten, put the car in neutral, and start turning the engine over (key out of the ingnition to ensure you dont start it or something. LOL)

You can place something "soft" (IE: a pencil, a chop-stick, a broken paint stick, etc. ect) in the spark plug hole to watch the piston go up and down.

Ensure you go through the intake and the exhaust stroke (this means you have to watch the piston go up and down a minimum of 4 times [5 times to be safe] in order to ensure it did the entire cycle of the engine.)

if a valve hits a piston, you wont be able to continue turning it over. you just saved your engine for a death sentence.

for future reference, engine builders put a glop of clay in their engine during the assembly process so the valves leave an indentation in the clay to ensure that their pistons' customized dimples and valves are mating up properly. They turn the engine over by hand, remove the heads, inspect the clay, correct as needed. once the clay shows them the signs they are looking for, they remove it before final assembly.

THIS. Honestly this is a very useful bit of information. My friend had stage 2 comp cams installed on his car and I am guessing this wasnt performed, he ended up getting piston slap from hell and ruining his whole motor. smh.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i would not mind at all doing a cam since the heads will be in my lap any ways. just here so much different shit about them. would'nt know for sure what to go with or if it really does do much good. thoughts on that mc? which are your fav's :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online