A twisty, curvy Road, A Bike & a Mustang...What did you expect?

Mustanger

Reaction score
Coming home today from a friends house I decided to take the back road for a change. This is a very hilly and twisty road through the forest with few houses & it is one of the wider roads so you have a bit more comfort pushing it a little. (or a lot!) There are multiple S curves, one even back to back with a series of up & down bumps that give you a roller coaster effect at speed! There are more 30 mph signs & one 20mph on this section than anyplace else close to my house.

The road also was dry & the sun had broken through the clouds after a couple rain showers that really freshened up the air. A great day to exercise the Mustang & feel some G forces !! As I turned onto my road a motorcycle came up behind me...I didn't want to spoil his fun by holding him up so I slowed & let him pass right? LOL...wrong! I ran through the gears to Fourth letting him hear the Magnapacks & swept through the first smooth curve accelerating just enough to start getting into the groove. The bike was still there in my mirror so on the next two turns I increased the speed & felt the suspension working harder ...ok here comes a 30mph recommended sign but I did not touch the brakes nor slow down at double the sign speed. I accelerated out of that one into a reverse curve a bit faster & felt the tires working, the biker was leaning way over & a little further back than before.

On the straights he would catch up but I wasn't trying for more than 90 so that was fine. Not trying to leave him just enjoy the sights & sounds & feel on this beautiful day. It was nice to have a partner, I hoped he noticed I was not even braking through the corners just having fun. Next was the rollercoaster section... I was thinking my granddaughter would love this ride...but if she was along I'd never be doing this!

Right after that was the 20mph turn, I held my speed at 60 & braked hard going into it then gave it full throttle & down shifted (or maybe vice versa) & pulled out of it. Hard to describe the fun I was having but I bet you guys know.

Anyway we kept up like this until we popped out on the approach to town & he pulled up to me and gave a thumbs up & said "That was fun! Nice car!" What a nice 10 minute interval in my day that made me smile every time I thought of it! My wife kept asking what I was smiling at the rest of the day. Sure is nice to have a special car that makes you feel good every time you drive it. Some days more than others.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Some mustang feel good for my morning!! Makes me want to find an open road and just drive this thing!! Although i do that a lot reading this makes me want to right now lmao!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online