A9L IN 94-95

hawks_95

Reaction score
I HAVE HEARD THAT THE 94-95 COMPUTERS SUCK AND THAT A A9L WILL HELP A LOT ON TIMMING AND IDLE . THEIR ARE TWO 5.0 NUTS IN MY TOWN AND THEY TELL ME TWO DIFFERENT THINGS ABOUT PUTTING ONE IN. THEY BOTH SAY IT WILL HELP BUT ONE SAYS THAT I NEED A JUMP HARNESS AND THE OTHER SAYS THAT I DONT. SO WHO IS WIRGHT WOULD I NEED A HARNESS OR NOT? :help2:

AfghaniBob

Reaction score
Tag for a good Vendor for the kit.

I do know that you have to run a MSD 6AL or 6 box to run it with the 94-95 Distributor. My Ex-girlfriend had that set up in her 94-95.

1Fast92FiveOh

Reaction score
The 94 GT I just bought has a MSD ignition and I think it hinders performance. I want to take it off, put the stock ignition back to normal and get a AFM PMS or the Tweecer [ sp ] and get it tuned that way.....MSD is all that it's cracked up to be

bybyz06

Reaction score
You can't just plug a A9L computer into your stock '94-'95 harness. The pinout is completely different and you'll end up frying something. I switched to an A9L computer, but when I did it I used a PMS harness for the conversion and put the computer under the carpet - with the piggyback it wouldn't fit in the stock location.

Magic

Reaction score
PRO-M used to make the kit, which consisted of a jumper harness and a control box for the radiator fan.....
PMAS has a kit as well, all it comes with is a set of instructions to relocate some of the pins on the 94-95 harness so that you can plug an A9L computer to it directly...and it comes with a control box for the fan as well.....

ryclef331

Reaction score
I've said it time and time again but I wouldn't bother with swapping the ECUs. If you can't find a tuner competent enough to get your car to stop surging with out swapping the entire ecu....you need to find a new tuner. PERIOD.

As for the MSD hurting performance....I laugh. You're not going to pick up 60hp from just a box install but you're not losing power either.

If you needed to swap ECU's, you either need to relocate some pins and get a fan controller or get the no-longer-produced harness. Again, I'd figure out wtf is wrong with your car first.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
I've said it time and time again but I wouldn't bother with swapping the ECUs. If you can't find a tuner competent enough to get your car to stop surging with out swapping the entire ecu....you need to find a new tuner. PERIOD.

As for the MSD hurting performance....I laugh. You're not going to pick up 60hp from just a box install but you're not losing power either.

If you needed to swap ECU's, you either need to relocate some pins and get a fan controller or get the no-longer-produced harness. Again, I'd figure out wtf is wrong with your car first.

+1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.