? about trickflows new intake

ripper

Reaction score
It is in the new Summit catalog. Says for 1999-2004 mustang gt. If you can put a pi intake on a non pi motor why cant you use this intake on 96-98 motors? I am not a trickflow lover to start with. I have heard about leaks and all. But there are guys in here that say they have no probs with them at all. And the price is a little high at 800 bux. But i guess your getting the intake and plenum together in one deal. There pleneum is 109 bux so you can deduct 100 from the price. Still 700 plus most guys will have to go buy a 75mm throttle body seems alot to me. What do you guys think?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Its not out yet, but it is a clone of the Bullit intake so it should be a nice piece and compare the price to the Bullit intake and its a good price.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I've had a PI for a long time, I'm boosted, so it's either Trickflow or I'll sack up and get a BUllit by the end of summer.

Bluesn95

Reaction score
I really think on this intake that you should have pi heads. I don't think that rigging a performance part such as an intake to fit your npi heads is the way to go. Be patient and do it right. Im having to do the same thing with the setup Im wanting to run. Id say if you want the intake get the heads that go with it as well. But its of course all up to you the way you want to do it.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Bluesn95 said:
I really think on this intake that you should have pi heads. I don't think that rigging a performance part such as an intake to fit your npi heads is the way to go. Be patient and do it right. Im having to do the same thing with the setup Im wanting to run. Id say if you want the intake get the heads that go with it as well. But its of course all up to you the way you want to do it.

The great thing about the aftermarket intake is that you can have the intake port matched to the heads.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
jfor441 said:
Bluesn95 said:

The great thing about the aftermarket intake is that you can have the intake port matched to the heads.

that and there is no difference between putting a PI intake on NPI heads than putting the trick flow on NPI heads...and people have been running PI intakes on NPI heads for years.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have PI head's anyway, if that was directed at me. I'm thinking I need to get 4v heads though....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online