ABS and Electric Fan

Firefighter181

Reaction score
I was not sure where to stick this thread so mods feel free to relocate as needed however I have a question.

I searched a fair amount and sorry if I missed it however.......

Why does the electric fan wiring pass through the ABS module?

I am in the process of eliminating my ABS and after looking at the wiring I cannot quite figure this one out. It seems that the electric fan wiring passes through the ABS control module, exits in multiple places, is fused together into one set of larger wires and then travels to the fan. This to me is a bit odd, here is a pic of what Im trying to figure out:

17529601185_5266fcb5db_c.jpg

Any thoughts on the correct way to bypass this would be appreciated. Thanks!

***and no the hack to the wiring is not my work, happened long before I owned the car, I just found it and it needs to be fixed***:thumbsup:

JKady

Reaction score
It doesn't run through the ABS at all. Near it, yes, through it no. It goes to the CCRM. If your car went in for the recall it'll have a additional circuit breaker in between.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
^^that. If i remember right the wires for abs run in the same loom. But that's it. . The abs two small round plugs i think. It's been a while since i looked under the hood of a 94-95..

OP
OP
F

Firefighter181

Reaction score
^^that. If i remember right the wires for abs run in the same loom. But that's it. . The abs two small round plugs i think. It's been a while since i looked under the hood of a 94-95..
You know you might be right and I may be seeing this wrong. I will have to take a look when I get home from work. The place they plug into is attached to the ABS and I presumed it was all one thing.

JKady

Reaction score
I can grab you a pic of my non-hacked up 95 if you need it for reference.

OP
OP
F

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Ok. Sorry guys I goofed......not directly though. I took a really close look when I got home and at some point before I owned the vehicle someone had made some modifications and mounted the CCRM to the ABS module. I have no clue why and not sure why I did not catch it right away either. To me it looked like all one piece until I looked really close. My bad. Thank you for the help everyone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online