ABS just never works

#BrownRoush

Reaction score
Time for a story. I have had my Roush for almost 2 years now. The ABS light has always been on. The previous owner had replaced the module (had a work order and invoice) with a refurbished unit, which does say Mustang GT. It's made by Bosch. All fuses are good.

When I first got the car, sometimes ABS would work if I unplugged the battery. I would also get my traction control back. After a short drive however, I would lose both.

Currently, I always have the ABS light on. The traction control button isn't illuminated. I have cleaned all 4 wheels sensors. I have also have tried to sue 2 different code readers, both with the same problem. The code reader can't read the ABS code.

Is my abs module bad? Or have i overlooked something else.

07GtS197

Reaction score
More than likely your abs controller has taken a dump. I had the same issue in my 02 gt when I bought it. I sent the unit to a guy on ebay that rebuilds them and all is well. It was only 100 bucks, other places are more expensive. These cars use a bosch abs module, along with many other cars, and they have a reputation for failing. I know you said it was already rebuilt but it has all the signs of needing to be rebuilt.

Fyi, the abs and tc systems are connected so if their is a fault in one system both get disabled.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I bought a new Bosch fuel pump once too & it failed after 3 days.....is Bosch not a reliable brand like MSD now?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Good point on tires if theyre different sizes abs will be disabled because it thinks the tires are turning at different speeds because of their different sizes. That sounds like the problem to me. Most of Bosch is crap and MSD dont get me started... I would never use either brand even if it was oem.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Good point on tires if theyre different sizes abs will be disabled because it thinks the tires are turning at different speeds because of their different sizes. That sounds like the problem to me. Most of Bosch is crap and MSD dont get me started... I would never use either brand even if it was oem.

Makes sense why Audi's have sensor issues. Most of the car is Bosch, ask me how I know lol.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Makes sense why Audi's have sensor issues. Most of the car is Bosch, ask me how I know lol.

Thats why I only buy Merikan lol.

My fiance has an 08 Hyundai Elantra and while the motor is perfect all this little crap is pissing me off. The headlight bulbs are my biggest gripe. They are an odd size that almost nobody has in stock and you need a screwdriver to remove them. Gayyyy.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thats why I only buy Merikan lol.

My fiance has an 08 Hyundai Elantra and while the motor is perfect all this little crap is pissing me off. The headlight bulbs are my biggest gripe. They are an odd size that almost nobody has in stock and you need a screwdriver to remove them. Gayyyy.

Lol! PITA cars FTL but they do have their merit in some situations.

07GtS197

Reaction score
Lol! PITA cars FTL but they do have their merit in some situations.

No doubt. Like a Mercedes has unmatched performance yet service is killer on your wallet. Theyre not my cup of tea. Honestly I cant imagine driving anything other than a mustang or crown vic.

Silver99

Reaction score
Same issue, since I bought my 99 GT about a year and a half ago... Had a friend replace my clutch(traction control worked when I turned it back on). Drove it with working traction control for months, then it sat for a couple weeks when I went to college... came back, turned it on and traction control was disable again.
Wondering why it worked for so long, then stopped once I left it sitting for a couple weeks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online