ABS/trac lights come on intermittently.

Goldmember

Reaction score
On the way home from work, I took an uphill, right curve at a clip a little faster than I should have. Ok... substantially faster.

I noticed the ABS light came on out of nowhere. I never touched the brakes before or in the turn.
Then the TC light came on.

10 seconds later, both went out, TC light then ABS light.

Later in the day, back out, tried to replicate condition. Right turn a little faster than necessary, uphill, same condition, lights turned on and then off after 10-15 seconds.

Did some reading and it appears this is a common issue, and a sign of a slowly failing ABS module. Thank you Bosch for getting it wrong. Has this happened to anyone else, and if it did, what was the solution? #newedgeproblems

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
Lights coming on more frequently, and with no clear cause. I could be doing 10 mph in a parking lot and the damn things light up.

Terrific...

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Mine does the same. I can be driving down the highway, never touching the brakes and it'll go on and off.

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
Funny this popped up, mine has been doing the same thing for a few weeks. Subbin for any possible answers

Ballistic

Reaction score
Mine comes on after 10 seconds of starting the car everytime.

OP
OP
Goldmember

Goldmember

Reaction score
I'm not in too much of a hurry to trace it. Just keep in mind you have no ABS/trac, but can still stop the car. I'm betting a wheel sensor because it's intermittent; I'm *guessing* if it was the module, it would have flat out failed. Whatever I find, I will share; I'm going to start by cleaning all 4 wheel speed sensors.

wmfateam

Reaction score
I am in the same boat. Not fun on track when you have abs one corner, and the next you are putting on a smoke show. I have cared and think it is because my 275's have rubbed through the left front abs sensor wire. I just bought an abs delete to save some weight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online