ABS Wheel Speed Sensor

97ponygt

Reaction score
Have to replace a wheel speed sensor and rock auto is saying I also have to replace the wheel speed sensor connector part 1P1800.

Haven’t heard this before. Was hoping I don’t need to replace both and that someone can chime in with some experience

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is just the harness for it. I would hope it comes with the harness but if you really had to you can cut the old one off and solder the new one on it. I know the harness in the rear is under the rear seats I can't remember where they are up front other than close to the wheel.

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
that is just the harness for it. I would hope it comes with the harness but if you really had to you can cut the old one off and solder the new one on it. I know the harness in the rear is under the rear seats I can't remember where they are up front other than close to the wheel.

Yeah part BRAB65 certainly does.

Is this a part I need to buy motorcraft for?Or is buying the generic brand off LMR fine?

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
So the generic brand off LMR is standard motor products. It's been working fine for the last 150 miles. No ABS light and the part read the correct amount of resistance.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
So the generic brand off LMR is standard motor products. It's been working fine for the last 150 miles. No ABS light and the part read the correct amount of resistance.
did it have the harness? I am also just curious did you run an abs diagnostic to find out which one to replace?

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
did it have the harness? I am also just curious did you run an abs diagnostic to find out which one to replace?

Yeah it had the harness and everything. And I did the 'paperclip' diagnostic where you jump the abs diagnostic ports. That gave me ABS code 33 (ABS light flashes three times, twice)

OP
OP

97ponygt

Reaction score
It was for me... I think there's a YouTube video where I guy does it on a 1996. In the actual Ford Mustang Service Manual it does lay this out as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online