Ac on, car stalls.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Long story short... trickflow hci, 24# injectors, matching 76mm maf, egr delete, smog pump delete, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, 70mm tb, all new and upgraded valvetrain components. Anywho.. car doesn't have a tune, I'm on a waiting list to bring it. Turn my AC on at a light, and idle drops and immediately stalls. Turns right back over but if the ac is still on, shuts off. Now.. if I rev it up and take off, it'll buck and shake a bit all of first gear. Turn the ac off, and she runs perfectly. Bad iac? Maybe a tune will rectify the issue if it had been caused by the HCI swap and lack of tune.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
your nuts! Start at the back at the tranny and work your way forward. Replace everything!

You can test teh IAC with a volt meter to be sure its moving. Could be as simple as a vac line as well

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
your nuts! Start at the back at the tranny and work your way forward. Replace everything!

You can test teh IAC with a volt meter to be sure its moving. Could be as simple as a vac line as well

Hahaha I have like two spare IAC's lying around. I'll swap it, and check the vacuum lines

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
easiest way to check vac lines.

[video=youtube;rumgJ5UBpCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumgJ5UBpCw[/video]

TrickVert

Reaction score
If you unplug your IAC and the idle drops, it's a good bet it's working as designed. I'd suggest performing a base idle. Also, cammed cars typically require a bit higher idle than stock. The 94/95 computer doesn't like H/C/I changes. Can you fiddle around and get it to run OK? Yes. Will it be optimal, no.

Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online