Ac on, car stalls.

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by the5.ohh, May 25, 2016.

1. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Long story short... trickflow hci, 24# injectors, matching 76mm maf, egr delete, smog pump delete, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, 70mm tb, all new and upgraded valvetrain components. Anywho.. car doesn't have a tune, I'm on a waiting list to bring it. Turn my AC on at a light, and idle drops and immediately stalls. Turns right back over but if the ac is still on, shuts off. Now.. if I rev it up and take off, it'll buck and shake a bit all of first gear. Turn the ac off, and she runs perfectly. Bad iac? Maybe a tune will rectify the issue if it had been caused by the HCI swap and lack of tune.

2. lutter94

lutter94 Well-Known Member

I would tune it before throwing parts at it.

3. ttocs

ttocs Legend

your nuts! Start at the back at the tranny and work your way forward. Replace everything!

You can test teh IAC with a volt meter to be sure its moving. Could be as simple as a vac line as well

4. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Hahaha I have like two spare IAC's lying around. I'll swap it, and check the vacuum lines

5. ttocs

ttocs Legend

easiest way to check vac lines.

[video=youtube;rumgJ5UBpCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rumgJ5UBpCw[/video]

6. TrickVert

TrickVert Member

If you unplug your IAC and the idle drops, it's a good bet it's working as designed. I'd suggest performing a base idle. Also, cammed cars typically require a bit higher idle than stock. The 94/95 computer doesn't like H/C/I changes. Can you fiddle around and get it to run OK? Yes. Will it be optimal, no.

Andy