ac/overheating issues

gt98

Reaction score
About a month ago I first noticed my ac was blowing warm air at times. I found that when it did this the pulley on the ac compressor was freezing up. This happened when I was on my lunch break, when I got back to work after turning the car off there was a bunch of smoke coming from the engine bay and the coolant had all been dumped out under the car. At first I assumed it was an AC based issue that due to pulley/belt problems might have caused the overheating. So for the past few weeks I've been not using the AC and have not had any issues with overheating. Fast forward to the past week. I took the car to a shop about an hour away. Found the AC system needed to be recharged and thought maybe it was cutting out due to being low. Used the AC on the way home and didn't feel like it had any issues. After about an hour of highway driving as soon as I got back into city driving it overheated. I stopped, let it cool down, drove home with no AC with no further issues. Again today drove it out of town and just as before after an hour of highway driving (this time with no AC) as soon as I get back into town it starts to overheat. Stopped to let it cool. Got back in planning to drive a short distance to grab some lunch while it cooled and as soon I got moving the temperature went back to normal. Went home with only minor issues of temp going up a little when stopped at lights for a couple minutes but going right back to normal when moving again. Was planning on replacing the AC compressor and starting to think radiator fan due to overheating (did read a p1479 code with my SCT tuner) but wondering if anybody has had similar issues show up at the same time that might have been CCRM related.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
The radiator fan is supposed to be on HI whenever the a/c is on. Make sure that it is.
Also the 4.6's can be a pain to burp all of the air out of the cooling system which then leads to more overheating issues.

talltim

Reaction score
Subbing. I have a similar issue after replacing my radiator with a stock type replacement. I have a 96 and I know it is a reported issue. I have never had this issue before however and Ive had the car since 1999; needle never gets past straight up and now it goes to the a in NORMAL. Not bad but it is a difference.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Just remember that the tamp gauge in the car is just a glorified idiot light. The only way to get a real temp reading is with a seperate guage.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
About a month ago I first noticed my ac was blowing warm air at times. I found that when it did this the pulley on the ac compressor was freezing up. This happened when I was on my lunch break, when I got back to work after turning the car off there was a bunch of smoke coming from the engine bay and the coolant had all been dumped out under the car. At first I assumed it was an AC based issue that due to pulley/belt problems might have caused the overheating. So for the past few weeks I've been not using the AC and have not had any issues with overheating. Fast forward to the past week. I took the car to a shop about an hour away. Found the AC system needed to be recharged and thought maybe it was cutting out due to being low. Used the AC on the way home and didn't feel like it had any issues. After about an hour of highway driving as soon as I got back into city driving it overheated. I stopped, let it cool down, drove home with no AC with no further issues. Again today drove it out of town and just as before after an hour of highway driving (this time with no AC) as soon as I get back into town it starts to overheat. Stopped to let it cool. Got back in planning to drive a short distance to grab some lunch while it cooled and as soon I got moving the temperature went back to normal. Went home with only minor issues of temp going up a little when stopped at lights for a couple minutes but going right back to normal when moving again. Was planning on replacing the AC compressor and starting to think radiator fan due to overheating (did read a p1479 code with my SCT tuner) but wondering if anybody has had similar issues show up at the same time that might have been CCRM related.
I bet your clutch is seizing up causing everything to turn slower, like the water pump.

Don't Sext and Drive.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online