Ac system restoration

fender868

Reaction score
Hello gang! I've been slowly restoring my 1999 Mod mustang gt swapped convertible for the last two years. The next order on my plate is a demon I wasn't confident in taking on for a while. When I had my engine swapped years ago, the only system that wasn't reinstalled was the A/C system. Most of the components were installed, but the suction line was missing and therefore the system remained discharged and disused. I've been really interested in getting everything working on the car and the AC has to work again (it'll be nice when in traffic too). I have compiled a list of all parts i will need to order. I will need:

- accumulator
- compressor
- condenser
- liquid line W/ orifice tube (con to evap)
- discharge line (comp to con)
- suction line (comp to evap)
- manifold hoses (application unclear)
- all o rings and gaskets

I will not replace the evaporator as it is inside the heater core and should not be too contaminated. The remained of the parts I do have, I will swap as they have been left uncapped and open to the elements for over 10 years. Is there anyone who has done this or could point me in the right direction? Am I missing anything? For a background, my car is a 99' v6 convertible mustang that was swapped with engine, Trans, diff from a 2003 manual gt. Engine is cammed, ported, polished, tuned, with exhaust and CAI.

Thanks for any help or pointers any of you could provide. If anyone has good clear shots of all the lines and ac components in their engine bay, I would appreciate them for reference use.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Chip66

Reaction score
If you don't have the various brackets and hose retainers, a trip to the salvage yard is in order. Any GT from '99 to '04 should be a good donor and reference.

From my experience, aftermarket A/C parts can be a bit sketchy. The last time I tried to put all new A/C components in my car, it was at least a yearly battle to keep it operational with failing parts or new leaks.

OP
OP
F

fender868

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I don't know thst I have anything around here. I live on an island and wrecked GTs are hard to find

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online