Accident explanation

REStang

Reaction score
Sorry I took so long to reply........but the insurance valued the car at $8,800 and the repairs were estimated at $7,000. In Virginia if a vehicle is damaged and the cost to repair it is at 75% of the value they total it. I could have bought it back and had it fixed with a salvage title. I could have fixed it but then I would have to have a DMV inspector check it then they would give it a rebuilt title. All of this was just not worth it to me.

The damage doesn't look as bad but when you break it down it got expensive. The roof was the most expensive part of it. Plus the dash would have had to be replaced simply because it had minor damage from the glass breaking. The seats had blood stains which means they had to be recovered so you can see where this is going.

As for what happened, an idiot decided to run across a busy highway at 5 o'clock rush hour and when my wife saw him it was too late. It wasn't her fault, she did not receive a ticket and the cop got 10 witnesses of which all said the guy just ran out in traffic. He was ok, he suffered a broken leg.

OP
OP
R

REStang

Reaction score
She's ok now. She had some minor injuries from the glass and initially she was in shock from what happened......hitting an actual person and all.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow, why in the hell was he running across the freeway? glad your wife is ok, i can imagine she is a little traumatized (sp?) by that.. i would be too. god i hate stupid people.

97vertstang

Reaction score
what kind of idiot runs through the highway!!!????? man i would have shit my pants!!!

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
i wonder if the guy was trying to kill himself??

glad she's ok!!

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Glad to hear the wifeys OK. I'm glad that idiot made it also, even though it wouldn't have been your wife's fault i wouldn't wish dealing with his death on her.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks, good thing she's ok. Too bad that the poor stang had to get "killed" because of some stupid retard. Thats an interesting thing to say you hit though. Dont think anyone can really top that for shit to hit while driving.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Idiot drivers are all over, you have to be on gaurd every time you crank the car..........its a shame :nonono:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Damn, but how did the slash get in the roof from a person? Did he bounce ontop of the roof? :(

plUMe.Ok.97

Reaction score
all i can say is w :nonono: w ... what a damn idiot.

As I said before glad your wife is doing fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online