Actual P.I. Intake Dyno Results?

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Does anybody have dyno results from the actual swap alone, not with the cams or other bolt ons at the same time? I hear anywhere from 15 to as much as 35 rwhp, and I'm doing the swap soon, it would just be nice to see an actual dyno with actual numbers instead of all of these guestimations.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen one posted, it was 17rwhp with a steady gain all through and really picking up after 4000rpms...its definately worth doing.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
honestly..I feel like I wasted money...I swear it got slower...I noticed losing a lot of low end grunt more than anything else...maybe it was becuase I already had long tubes...maybe becuase I had it installed with adapter plates?...am I the only one that didnt feel this mod that much?...hopefully a tune wakes this thing up.

I went back to the track and ran slower by .2...but it was also like 100% humidity and every bodys was running like a full second slower than normal..

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Keep in mind mine is s/c...but i just did the Livernois kit and got exactly 30rwhp and 9tq

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
I've seen one posted, it was 17rwhp with a steady gain all through and really picking up after 4000rpms...its definately worth doing.

Do you know where I could see this graph?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Dyno.jpg

My dyno sheet before this read 313rwhp and 356tq....it also fell off a cliff at 4k rpms and now pulls like a sob up top.

96sohc

Reaction score
I was at 177/245 before with some minor bolt-ons, and dyno'd at 195/250 with it.
I just recently re-dyno'd with the addition of an x-pipe and am at 199.5(sucks)/262.
This is all through an automatic; my car is in the process of receiving a 3650 right now, so hopefully I'll be in the 220/275 range very shortly.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
DropTopPony said:

Do you know where I could see this graph?

google linktrek 4.6 forums and look up Zanzer..he posted his before and after a few years ago...most don't get a before and after because its not needed.

W

Wes8398

justinschmidt1 said:
honestly..I feel like I wasted money...I swear it got slower...I noticed losing a lot of low end grunt more than anything else...maybe it was becuase I already had long tubes...maybe becuase I had it installed with adapter plates?...am I the only one that didnt feel this mod that much?...hopefully a tune wakes this thing up.

I went back to the track and ran slower by .2...but it was also like 100% humidity and every bodys was running like a full second slower than normal..
Dude, that sucks! I just did a PI cam and intake swap on mine the other day, and I feel a huge difference! You've gotta be "off" somewhere to be feeling slower after that swap. Timing chain off a link? We thought we were SURE that mine was bang on after the 1st time 2 days ago, but turned out that it skipped a few teeth on initial start-up (even after degreeing the cams). and we just fixed that this morning. Feels like a new car! I'd be willing to put money on your timing being out..... :dunno:

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
96sohc said:
I was at 177/245 before with some minor bolt-ons, and dyno'd at 195/250 with it.
I just recently re-dyno'd with the addition of an x-pipe and am at 199.5(sucks)/262.
This is all through an automatic; my car is in the process of receiving a 3650 right now, so hopefully I'll be in the 220/275 range very shortly.

Nice, I have an auto too so these are exactly the numbers I am looking for! What do you mean by minor bolts on?

DropTopPony said:
google linktrek 4.6 forums and look up Zanzer..he posted his before and after a few years ago...most don't get a before and after because its not needed.

Forums are down :(

96sohc

Reaction score
spitfirees20 said:
Nice, I have an auto too so these are exactly the numbers I am looking for! What do you mean by minor bolts on?

At that point in time I had a Densecharger CAI, Steeda UDPs, Trick Flow Upper Plenum and a Magnaflow catback.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wes8398 said:
justinschmidt1 said:

Dude, that sucks! I just did a PI cam and intake swap on mine the other day, and I feel a huge difference! You've gotta be "off" somewhere to be feeling slower after that swap. Timing chain off a link? We thought we were SURE that mine was bang on after the 1st time 2 days ago, but turned out that it skipped a few teeth on initial start-up (even after degreeing the cams). and we just fixed that this morning. Feels like a new car! I'd be willing to put money on your timing being out..... :dunno:

sadly...I dont have pi cams..hopefully when I go back to the track I can actually get some faster times...

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
I actually just got the intake yesterday for $85 :dancing6: just need a couple parts, and I'll be off to installing it. I'm deciding now weather or not I'll be able to do cams on my own...

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
thats my problem to...
timing the cams scares the living crap outta me...
and all the shops want to rob me to install and time 'em :nonono:

Adam

Reaction score
The PI intake is worth the swap on a NPI car. I have ZERO good things to say about those outrageously overpriced "adapters" :eek:

Adam

voidfinger

Reaction score
i did the swap and it did give it a little top end power, my car is an auto also. One thing i do like is the new sound of the exaust, it really helped it out. I probably would feel a lot more but i didn't do the cams yet and i'm just skipping it and putting in a 5.4 :)

313blkstang

Reaction score
I had the Livernois kit installed and it made a difference... I think.. Last year I used to race my friends sn95 5.0 and he'd always end up beating me by like half a car.. well we raced this past week for the first time since I got the kit and I beat him (3times) by like a car length and his car is running exactly as it was before... now on the highway it's a different story because I'm an auto and he is a stick.. but light to light I get him every time now..

OP
OP
S

spitfirees20

Reaction score
With just the intake? Ooh, maybe this will be a worthwhile upgrade :dancing6:

jrock02301

Reaction score
mine were 70 bux shipped from thr

Adam said:
The PI intake is worth the swap on a NPI car. I have ZERO good things to say about those outrageously overpriced "adapters" :eek:

Adam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online