adding fog lights to 2001 v6

carbuff

Reaction score
Id like to add fog lights to my 2001 v6. Adding the physical lights to the bumper seems easy enough. When I did this to my 98, all the wiring was already in place. All I did was add the fuse, switch, and lights. All the wiring was already there and just needed to be plugged in. I know that the switch wiring already exists and is plugged into a dummy switch in the console. Will the outside wiring be in place also on a 2001? If not, where does the switch wiring leave off? Will I have to install a generic harness and wire it into the under hood fuse box somehow? Im sure someone has done this and knows whats what..

lutter94

Reaction score
You've done it before? Crawl under and look! You know what to look for apparently lol.

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
I actually didnt expect any of the wiring to be there, as I read that the new edge did not come pre wired. I asked because when I took the center dash bezel off I was suprised to find the wiring for the switch. I just got the car and havent had a chance to get it up in the air a bit to check it out. Just asking what others have found.

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
Ok,so Im back on this. There is no harness for the lights. Not a problem as I can just wire up a generic harness with its own relay and fuse. I just need to trigger the relay with a 12v+ from the interior switch. The interior harness is there and the switch has all the proper power going to it. It outputs a 12v signal via a white-black wire that is supposed to go into the under hood fuse box to energize the stock relay. Where the relay should be I expected to find the white-black wire in one of the slots of the socket. Well, all the slots are blank, for the main relay and the cutoff relay too. No sign of the white-black wire at the box. Im not looking to cut into the harness to search for it. Does anyone know where it ends? Maybe at the bulkhead connector? I was hoping to not have to run my own wire from the interior to the outside box. Also I dont want to wire it into the parking lights. Ive done that on other cars but dont want it on this one. Any ideas?

OP
OP
carbuff

carbuff

Reaction score
So, after coming up empty for days, I stumbled across this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Zy8UzPAQipxx-lPkPg2raA88gVTduoLd/view

It basically tells me that I will have to run my own wire from the relay in the new harness to the white-black wire in the stock switch pigtail. Kinda,what I thought, I was just hoping that the white-black wire was already somewhere in the engine bay, but I guess I will have to run my own wire. That file is a great guide for anyone looking to install a stock type setup for fog lights in their v6 new edge. Sn95 installs are much easier as the wiring is already there. I hope this helps someone else.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
DO NOT USE THE CONNECTORS THAT THEY SHOW IN THAT LINK...... They have no use in an automotive environment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnknownArmy

Members online