Adding Keyless entery and remote start

Ballistic

Reaction score
Wanting to add remote start and key less entry to my stang, What do i need to bypass the key chip? and what are some of your guys favorite setups?

Was looking at these ones:
AutoPage Alarm with Remote Car Starter 915 MHz 6 Channel and Two Way FM/FM Paging Remote 5 Button LCD Transmitter - C3-RS915LCD

AutoPage C3-RS730LCD 4-Channel 5-Button Chrome LCD Alarm with Remote Car Starter

So just Doors and remote start can the trunk be done? How many channels would i need to be able to wire in my whelen horn to the system to trigger it remotely right?

Thanks!

EDIT:
Found some other Ones that im liking and seem to have better reviews,

Python 5706P Responder LC3 SST 2-Way Security with Remote Start System

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I can't find any info on what they consider a channel out but I think it would have an extra output for a horn. Are you wanting to install it yourself?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
I can't find any info on what they consider a channel out but I think it would have an extra output for a horn. Are you wanting to install it yourself?

Guess i should of looked both the ones i posted got atleast one UN-used Timer Output.

I installed an alarm years and years ago wasn't fun, got a friend of a friend who used to own a shop doing installs and he said he would install for cheap..

I just want to have everything so when i drop it off he doesnt have to buy anything for it..

So what about the Theft system for remote start what kind of bypass thingy do i need?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its been a while since I did it full time and can't remember let me check on that to be sure. What year is your car?

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
OK, talked to my install friend here's what my plan is

Python 5706P Responder LC3 SST 2-Way Security with Remote Start System

Directed Electronics Inc PKALL Xpress Kit Data Transponder

Megatronix - WT4 - 4 Window Roll Up Or 2 Window Up/Down Module With Automatic Temperature And Remote Manual Ventilation

And maybe this:

Install Essentials 507M Tilt Sensor

He said some cars dont have the chipped keys for my year but mine did so thats why im getting the PKALL

g36 monkey you may want to look idk thought id tag you

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
hm just realized I didn't hear back from my install buddy that is still working in the industry. I will try again.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Got my python, rest of the stuff should be here friday, plan to get it installed this weekend :D

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Update:

got everything installed but the bypass i read worked for it doesnt i guess lol

So i had to buy this one: Universal Immobilizer Bypass for Remote Start

we tried playing around using the 2nd key leaving it inside the car but wouldnt work
Did you install it yourself or have someome install it?
I need help installing my keyless entry.. have no idea what color the wires are in the car.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
I need help installing my keyless entry.. have no idea what color the wires are in the car.

I thought about it but then found a friend of a friend who does it at his house so was super cheap and he even made my windows roll down/up with the remote.

I have done other installs before in boats and golf carts but never in a car.. Cars seem like a pain in the ass if you dont do them all the time..

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score

Was thinking a little more about it, Couldn't you just pop the door panel off and then use a test light or muti meter to find the wires? It's been awhile since i have done any 12 volt shit in my truck/cars but pretty sure that should work, but if you got any Piercing Probe for your muti meter should make it a lot easier..

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not sure exactly where my 12v contact is, hope he is ok. I mean I can tell you a lot of the wires off the top of my head.

Pink/green - lock
pink/yellow - unlock
There should be a solid pink wire in the same lock harness that is 12v constant power
brown is parking lights
chassis for ground.

After that its just a matter of correctly finding the lock/unlock wires, confirming they are the correct pink/green and pink/yellow wires(there is more then one) and then correctly diagnosing the master/slave lock(normally done by cutting one lock or unlock wire and then see which switch lost all function) and then wiring into it correctly as you will have 4 wires to connect to the 2 you just cut. Get them wrong and hopefully you have the circuit fused correctly and that is all that blows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online