adding subs with a line output converter

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Hey all... 1997 GT here. I like the factory stereo, it works good just lacks bass for me. I have a pair of subwoofers and an amplifier, and I was told to make these work I need a line output converter. Is there any brand you guys would reccomend I go with? I checked around online a little bit and don't know what really to look for.

Also, what would be the way to install this item? Does anyone know of a picture install of either the actual parts or of a wiring diagram... these would help me too.

Thanks!

George

S

scarface

I bought one from Radio Shack a few years ago. It comes with instructions to hookup. It should be placed close to the radio(to avoid feeback), and have your RCA wires running to the back for the amp.

It is very simple. You just need to know which wires are the possitive and negative speaker wires. its like 4 wires in, and possible a ground. then you just hook your RCA wires to it. You may have to adjust two gain knobs on the converter also.

I have a haynes manual that may tell us the wires for the speakers if you need it.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
sweet man, I'll look into that. If you wanna hook me up with that diagram that would be cool, thanks for the help

:thumb:

George

S

scarface

I dont have anyway to actually post the diagram, but I will look and find the colors of the wires for you.

PS..I am a very busy guy, so If you dont hear from me, dont hesitate to Pm me a reminder :)

S

scarface

Copied this from a thread Matt put up....

1995-1997 Mustang STEREO WIRING
Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Black/Green
Illumination Light Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Amplifier Remote Dark Blue
Antenna Right Front

Front Speakers 5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Light Green
Left Front (-) Light Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Light Green
Right Front (-) Dark Green/Orange

Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Gray/Light Blue
Left Rear (-) Tan/Yellow
Right Rear (+) Orange/Red
Right Rear (-) Brown/Pink

You want to wire the converter to the rear speaker wires. Use scotch locks to add the converter, that way you dont have to cut your wires or eliminate your rear speakers...Let me know if you need any other help.

DH95GT

Reaction score
hey i know this is an older post but i was wondering if you could tell me what color the rear speaker wires are that are behind the head unit...i have the Mach 460 system and am putting a line output converter in so i can wire up my subs...i found the wires as stated above but i couldnt find those same wires anywhere behind there and i spent 6 hours today just trying to get all this crap to work lol...any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks alot for any help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online