Adj. Clutch quadrant, clutch cable, firewall adjuster

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Found a T5 conversion kit with everything I need.. Seriously considering it.. I've been looking all over for another Mustang, stick obviously.. But I can't find anything I like, a lot is overpriced or abused, and I just can't part ways with my 95. I'm too attatched and I already got a nice amount of money in it, so selling for a profit ain't happening anyway.. With that said, it comes with a UPR adj. clutch quadrant, clutch cable & firewall adjuster. I don't want UPR, am I good with this kit from Maximummotorsports? Comes with a Ford oem cable, aluminum clutch quadrant and the firewall adjuster. I will be looking into getting a FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft aswell.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Clutch-Cable-Quadrant-and-Firewall-Adjuster-Package-P385.aspx

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's a good kit but you don't necessarily need it. You can just pull a stock clutch cable and quadrant from a parts car for like $30.
If you're willing to spend the $150 on the MM kit though, then by all means go for it.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
That's a good kit but you don't necessarily need it. You can just pull a stock clutch cable and quadrant from a parts car for like $30.
If you're willing to spend the $150 on the MM kit though, then by all means go for it.

There's literally no parts cars around me. And I'd rather be safe than sorry. The cable from MM is an OEM Ford cable, just brand new. I can sell the upr firewall adjuster, clutch quadrant and cable to make that money back, might sell the driveshaft aswell.. Also going to sell my AODE and the ratchet shifter, so might get 500 out of that for the tranny.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Oh no plz don't start another shifter war! I just sold a tri-ax used in great shape for $100 which is about the going rate on the classifieds. Fan favorite is MGW and there is a big bandwagon for the MGW as well. It is a great shifter and deserves it but its not the only one out there like ppl will have you think. I like my Tri-Axes.

Anyway, I have an OEM cable, the MM quadrant and a Fiore microclick firewall adjuster. I'm not sure if the MM one uses a set screw but set screws suck and the Fiore does not have it. You can keep your UPR quadrant and just get an OEM cable from MM or your local Ford dealer and order a Fiore wherever. I will say, though, that the MM quadrant feels EXACTLY like the stock one as far as pedal feel. I replaced a quick release quadrant the PO of my car had in there and it was a night and day difference.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Yes! MM kit is fantastic. Also get their pedal heigh modifier or whatever its called. Shortens the clutch throw a lot and makes a huge difference.

Also, show me one other person who has two cars that sit 5 feet from each other, one with the MGW, one with the Steeda, and see which shifter they say is better. They will say MGW every time

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Does the MM firewall adjuster use a set screw or is it a click type like the Fiore? I have never got a good answer on this. Sounds like you have one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online