Adjustable Clutch cables= Thumbs down

blackfang

Reaction score
Being I am not the first person to have one crap out on me. Installed an oem clutch cable on the car. Pedal feels nice, much better than the BBK adjustable crap. Adam and I compared the two cables and the BBK was atleast 6 inches longer. First pass down the track and I lost clutch pedal and couldnt go into 4th.

For the Mustang guys, I would fray from Adjustable cables. I have seen and heard too many bad stories and one actually happened to me. Stick with oem

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
yup i have heard too many bad things about adjustable cables. I went with an oem cable and fiore micro click adjuster & quadrant. Clutch feels great :thumb:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
Yep, adjustables suck doodoo.lol I've tried every top name brand atleast twice.....steeda,bbk,upr....and they're all garbage. The best thing to run is an aftermarket aluminum quadrant,with a "ford OEM" replacement cable,and a firewall adjuster. I use to change cables about every season due to pedal effort and binding,....so i ran the stocker with the fwa,and I haven't had one issue in over 4 years :dancing6:

ryclef331

Reaction score
We just broke a steeda cable in my roommate's 03 Cobra last week. I'm doing good still with my UPR though

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
What is that fancy quadrent they got out there? Forget the brand its pretty cool design but costs more, if I ever find the name ill prob go with that one when the time comes.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Are you talking about fiore matt? Its not there quadrant is the firewall adjuster (its called a micro click). Evey 1/4 click it locks into place so you dont have to worry about it loosening and there isnt a set screw you have to tighten. I put one in my car and i like it.

4point6GT

Reaction score
damn now im thinkin of not getting the steeda clutch adj. kit, cause I dont wanna have ne problems.......you guys have a website where I can order a better cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster ??? cause im gonna need them for when I install my centerforce clutch. :help2:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
damn now im thinkin of not getting the steeda clutch adj. kit, cause I dont wanna have ne problems.......you guys have a website where I can order a better cable, quadrant and firewall adjuster ??? cause im gonna need them for when I install my centerforce clutch. :help2:

Ive got the steeda kit in my cobra.....14 months and NO PROBLEMS as of yet :)

4point6GT

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
4point6GT said:

oh cool, I will take my chances then. thanx

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
4point6GT said:
Snakebit said:
4point6GT said:

oh cool, I will take my chances then. thanx

that dont mean it wont break on me tomorrow :hammer: :hammer:

seriously I have had it since JAN of 06, and have not had one problem with it,.........hell i have not even had to re-adjust the setting on the cable or the fire wall adjuster

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
fiore mico click adjuster & quadrant and a stock non adjustable cable :pimp2:

OP
OP
B

blackfang

Reaction score
I have seen so many threads where people have ran into issues with adjustable cables stretching and or breaking. In fact there are enough that warranted for me to not give them a 2nd try after my experience at 80 mph with the clutch pedal bouncing off the floor freely while trying to hit 4th gear.

Yes, some people haven't had issues with theirs, but that doesn't mean everyone wont. There are enough posts out there to prove that they do and will cause problems. It is just a matter of time. When there is an issue out there that is known and it happens to you, you tend to understand the problem at hand and have a different view than some that haven't had to experience it.

I got a factory cable for under 60 bucks and have the peace of mind now. If you chose to run an adj, that is fine. If and when it goes, you will know what it is like ;)

4point6GT

Reaction score
wheres a good place to get a stock cable or better than stock but that aint adj. ????

Schiffy

Reaction score
I got a better one for you... HOW do i install a clutch cable in my '95 GT? it broke on me yetserday when i took my family to the Navy exchange here on base... lucky for me, i was in Nuetral, and in a parking spot... had to wait for the wrecker to get me, and tow it home, now it sits in wait for me to work on her monday atfer work... how do i go about this? i've never replaced one before and i could used some tips and advice...

S

scarface

take off the cover on the side of the tranny, and unhook the cable. go under the dash and unhook the cable there. Look how the cable is routed through the engine compartment, and route the new one the same. Hook the end under the dash to the pedal, then go under the car and hook the cable to the pivot arm. (you may need a pry bar to move the arm enough to hook it.) Get in your car and pull the clutch pedal up as far as it can to reset the adjustment. DONE.

Schiffy

Reaction score
Scarface said:
take off the cover on the side of the tranny, and unhook the cable. go under the dash and unhook the cable there. Look how the cable is routed through the engine compartment, and route the new one the same. Hook the end under the dash to the pedal, then go under the car and hook the cable to the pivot arm. (you may need a pry bar to move the arm enough to hook it.) Get in your car and pull the clutch pedal up as far as it can to reset the adjustment. DONE.

I might give it a shot tomorrow morning before my family comes over... depends on when i get up. I had to be up at 2:45am this morning, been going non stop all day, then i've got watch tonight from 12am-4 am, then go home at 7am, so BLAH! I might be dead to the world...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online