Adjustable FPR?

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
I noticed that my motor has a bolt on FPR :dancing6:

What kind of good adjustable FPR is there for the mod motors?

What kind of advantages can i see with an adjustable FPR?

Thanks! O0

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
The Fuel Pressure Regulator ( FPR) if you car is a 96-97 the FPR is on the drivers side fuel rail. its bolted on, towards the back of the motor.

On a 98, the FPR is on the passenger side fuel rail. its welded on.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you can change your timing, and using the FPR you can lean out or richin the amount of fuel.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I never had a need for a FPR personally, everything you can do with it, can easily be done with an Xcal, Diablosport, etc.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
I never had a need for a FPR personally, everything you can do with it, can easily be done with an Xcal, Diablosport, etc.

negative. you can NOT change your fuel pressure w/ an X-cal.. and if your running HI hp, boost levels and Large injectors, you need an adjustable FPR.. if your not running those things, you dont need to waste your money on it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
You are correct, I can't change my fuel pressure with my Xcal. I can however change the pulsewidth, witch pretty much equates to the same thing.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Jrgunn5150 said:
You are correct, I can't change my fuel pressure with my Xcal. I can however change the pulsewidth, witch pretty much equates to the same thing.

yea sorta... but not really... more fuel, but your also raising your duty cycle which will max out the injectors if you extend the pulse width to much. just changing FP "pushes" more fuel thru that pulse and doesn't change the duty cycle..

so yea... but not really O0

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Right, but my basic point is that the thread author, who seems to be a NA bolt on guy, doesn't need a adjustable FPR.

S

scarface

Thomas_W said:
scarface said:
aeromotive makes a nice one

my aeromotive started leaking 3 weeks after i bought it.

Replaced it with a kirban and never had a problem with it.
mine lasted for 3 years with no issues, and still is going strong for the new owner...there good and bad in every bunch.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
Jrgunn5150 said:

yea sorta... but not really... more fuel, but your also raising your duty cycle which will max out the injectors if you extend the pulse width to much. just changing FP "pushes" more fuel thru that pulse and doesn't change the duty cycle..

so yea... but not really O0
The AFPR will be overridden buy the computer because it is set to a AF ratio so the computer must be changed. When you up you fuel pressure your computer closes the pulse width. The only reason to up fuel pressure is to make up for small parts lol (injectors).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online