adjusting E-brake

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
how do you adjust the E- brake. mine is way lose and it bairly works. all the brakes are nes changed only 500 miles ago pads and roters.

d_punch

Reaction score
my Chilton Manual says nothing of adjusting e-brake.

so i would think either the cable isn't hooked up, broken or the parking brake equalizer is broken.

BTW you haven't mention what year your car is.

and who was the last person to work on your rear brakes?

later
joe

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it might of been streached out, the end might of popped off the rear caliper, they could of been installed wrong to the caliper.

I once put mine on from underneith the caliper instead of over top and it barely did a thing super loose.

OP
OP
B

billmacomber1987

Reaction score
they work but im into drifting and some times it helps to have an e brake to kick the rear out further, like when i get under stear witch hapens alot for some reasion but when it hapens the ebrake makes the rear swing

d_punch

Reaction score
billmacomber1987 said:
they work but im into drifting and some times it helps to have an e brake to kick the rear out further, like when i get under stear witch hapens alot for some reasion but when it hapens the ebrake makes the rear swing

oh i see, i must of typed my response in chinese.

MAXX RS4

Reaction score
Dont mean to hijack this thread, but my ebrake has always been weak.

Ive done all my brake work but it's been like this since I got the car. Any other car I've been in the rear brakes would lock up if i pulled on the ebrake. My car will barely slow down.

I thought our ebrakes were auto adjusting.. Is there anything I can adjust further to make things a bit firmer?

97gtconv.

Reaction score
mine doesn't even grab...and it only get's a little tougher up at the top...i had my buddy pull the e-brake and the cables are being pulled and the springs are moving but there's absolutley no holding strength at all....and besides my emergenct brake rattles and makes noises so bad in my car i just wanna rip it out..lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online