Advice please!

import_slayer94

Reaction score
I did my head, intake, cam, piston swap over the holidays and everything went great until i get to the very end, the upper intake. I have a trickflow upper, a trickflow throttle body adapter for it, trickflow tall valve covers for my rr's, and a trickflow 1" spacer. With that setup the tb hits the valve cover and cannot be properly attached, which leaves me stranded on the project. I was wondering if anybody has a similar setup and has found a way for it too work. The only thing I can think of would be to try a edelbrock tb adapter if it would fit my intake or to put a 3/8" spacer above my 1" spacer, which seems stupid. My last resort would be to notch the valve cover and tig it.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Is it your throttle body hitting or is it part of the flange for the EGR? I have a performer intake with JEGS tall covers. I ran into a problem with the part of the flange of the EGR that hangs down. I had to cut it off AND still run a 1" spacer. The tall covers and the elbows just don't get along well with our cars. Remember also, adding that spacer adds more volume to your intake runners therein, slightly affecting your power band.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
Is it your throttle body hitting or is it part of the flange for the EGR? I have a performer intake with JEGS tall covers. I ran into a problem with the part of the flange of the EGR that hangs down. I had to cut it off AND still run a 1" spacer. The tall covers and the elbows just don't get along well with our cars. Remember also, adding that spacer adds more volume to your intake runners therein, slightly affecting your power band.
clef in which direction would it change the powerband>>:?

OP
OP
I

import_slayer94

Reaction score
To be honest I don't know what all the parts of the tb are called so i'll put it this way. It hits the flange where you attach the part that comes up from the header and it hits where you attach the sensor, not the tps but the one in front of it. There's no way I can cut the sensor part out because i would have to cut into the airflow chamber to the sensor, which would probably make it useless. I think I might just throw another spacer on, but I would like to know how it would change my powerband.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.