Advice

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
Well guys I had a very interesting and long talk last night about what to do. He was advising me to stop modding the car i have now (which is 1994 gt vert auto high mileage.) just buy the rims i have been looking to buy and stop. Then Start saving my money for about 5-6 months then sell the GT and put that as down payment although the car would be under is name i would pay the monthly bill and that he would pay my insurance through my senior year in high school and if i went to college he would keep paying my insurance until i graduate only if i keep my studys going. He was telling me to just go with something special like terminator or Mach 1. Or if i wanted one of the 05-07 GTs now my question is what would you go with?

And this for real no BS some of you might think that its a lie cuz I'm 17 but i work my ass
I should be able to make the payments i make every 2 weeks at least 250 when i hardly get hours in so in a month that would be at least 450 extra money would be mod money.

For those who don't like to read my pops told me to save my cash get a new car in bout 6 months sell the GT and buy either a terminator, a Mach 1,or one of the new 05-07 GTs of course a stick no more autos for me (nothing against them). NOW the question is what would you choose?

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

In fact you must made your own choice, if you got only 17 it's will be a good idea to call your insurance company because theses Mustang will cost a lot more to you.

If you want a convertible you have to forget the Mach 1, If you go for a Cobra you can take a Terminator, it's easy to find a good one on Ebay, the new Mustang GT 2005 is also interesting but everbody got one and we saw 2005 Mustang at every corner.

F.

Peter

Reaction score
terminators are better then mach 1's in every single way, what looks better between the 2 is a matter of opinion.

I would wait and find a cobra. Cant beat 500rwhp for a couple grand in bolt ons.

Can't do that with the mach or a 05+ gt.

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
If luck would be on my side and good priced terminator came my way thats what i would go with but that will most likely wont happen here in socal some them are highely priced and i know a new car would be great but a mach 1 would be cool also do some of you by any chance know the pros and cons of these 2 cars their rated around same horsepower. i have heard good things about new GTs how they react pertty good with simple bolt ons but what about the mach 1

and yes i have used the search engine but havent found any usefull info im just trying to start doing research and taking oppinions on what to do.
i dont want to sound like that alex guy and his cobra lol :hammer:

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
COming from a fellow college student, keep the car.

I dont think that you would want to be burdened with a car payment at such a young age. If the car is fully paid for, keep it. Build that instead. Put in a built 4.6 with a couple turbos, and go surprise some terminators. I thought about getting a newer stang, but, i like being debt free, and i got school to pay for, so i didnt wanna get myself in debt at such an early age. if you really feel you can afford it, then go ahead, but im just saying, its better to keep a car thats fully paid for and nothing wrong with it, than going out and buying a car that you have to pay for monthly when you couldve been satisfied with a car that was already paid for.

Just my 2 cents.

John

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
el docum said:
Hello,

In fact you must made your own choice, if you got only 17 it's will be a good idea to call your insurance company because theses Mustang will cost a lot more to you.

If you want a convertible you have to forget the Mach 1, If you go for a Cobra you can take a Terminator, it's easy to find a good one on Ebay, the new Mustang GT 2005 is also interesting but everbody got one and we saw 2005 Mustang at every corner.

F.

I dont want a vert
and i know insurence will be high regardless thats why im trying to look at all my options

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
scarface said:

i most likely will because i was thinking that with all the simple bolt ons i in a mach 1 or new gt still wont add up to cobra and i wont have a lot of money left due to the car note i would be paying i think a cobra would best suit my situation. even if it was still stock it would run good times the only thing that was concerning me was the irs suspension is it really that bad ive heard bad comments on it saying to switch to solid axle ext.... so most likely in the future you will see me asking questions about cobras lol if everything goes well of course thanks for your help guys

el docum

Reaction score
In fact it's depends of what you want, the Mach 1 is a real special edition Mustang, less then 17,000 was produced in 03-04, the 32 V engine is not as strong as the Cobra engine because the intern are not forged, but it develop 305 H.P. if you add some bolt on it's possible to get 350 H.P. at the engine, a friend did it he add a predator, full exhaust and cold air, it's not bad at all, also you got a shaker it's very fun, and the redline is higher then a 2005 GT, in the interior you got better seats and a 3.55 gear from the factory like the Cobra brake.

Of course the Cobra give a better potential if you want 500 H.P., but the Mach 1 is a great one.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
68mustang5.0 said:

I dont think that you would want to be burdened with a car payment at such a young age. If the car is fully paid for, keep it. Build that instead. Put in a built 4.6 with a couple turbos, and go surprise some terminators. I thought about getting a newer stang, but, i like being debt free, and i got school to pay for, so i didnt wanna get myself in debt at such an early age. if you really feel you can afford it, then go ahead, but im just saying, its better to keep a car thats fully paid for and nothing wrong with it, than going out and buying a car that you have to pay for monthly when you couldve been satisfied with a car that was already paid for.

Just my 2 cents.

John

Take his advise very seriously. There are so many other costs that come along with owning cars such as insurance, stuff breaking, etc. Think it through and make the right choice.

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Red96GT said:
68mustang5.0 said:

Just my 2 cents.

John

Take his advise very seriously. There are so many other costs that come along with owning cars such as insurance, stuff breaking, etc. Think it through and make the right choice.

Yeah man, id hate to see someone at such an young age get burdened by a unecessary debt.

did you think of registration? how about safety check? gas? maintenance? now what if something breaks due to a incorrectly installed mod? Or, are you gonna have someone else install your mods? have you thought about credit? youre 17, and i highly doubt you'll have enough credit to get a loan. If you do get the loan, youll have a super high APR because the bank considers you a risk.

Im not trying to bring you down man, its just that ive seen my friends do this to themselves, and all they ever afford is thier car....entertainment, clothes, school, all out the window, cause all they're doing is paying for thier car. Keep that in mind.

Just look at all the facts before you do anything.

John

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
:lol: cant say any better :hammer: and guys i will think this through i still have long time and i will still save my money then ill see what i will do and im not going to get the car under my name its going to be under my dads name he has very good credit and as insurence pops said he would pay as long as i keep my studies going. plus when im 18 next year and go on to college i will have way better pay which will help my pops wit insurence if needed also fill in for needs as they come i will most likely become manager at my job or if i leave i could work with my uncle in nissan he could hook me up with good job he can also help me get a good discount in buying the car especially if its new as long as i get the car from POWER ford POWER nissan ext... dealer ship it has to be part of the POWER branch. he was able to discount my parents about 4 grand off the price and get 0 % with no down payment it was 2005 cheby Tahoe but im still looking in at all my options still not sure what i will end up doing AND THANKS FOR YOUR OPINIONS

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
IMO, i wouldnt want that high of a payment in high school or college...if i was you, i would find a nice 96-01 cobra with low miles.

OP
OP
S

SN95_DropTop

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
IMO, i wouldnt want that high of a payment in high school or college...if i was you, i would find a nice 96-01 cobra with low miles.
i was thinking into that to im not looking for 500+ horse power car although it would be nice but im not type of guy that needs all of that. a car with 300 to 400 horsepower to me would make me more than happy. i might end up going that way just get a 99 to 01 cobra or mach 1 one throw on a couple of bolt ons and call it a day plus insurence would cost less i was even thinking of getting a lighting just a thought that ran through my head we will see in the end O0

brwillms

Reaction score
^
I agree with DFG. Hell, I wouldn't want that high of a payment now. Insurance is gonna more than likely be really high on a Cobra too. I'm 31 and was quoted $275/ month on an '03 Cobra. I'm married, no tickets, no wrecks...Just food for thought. Where are you located? If there is any chance you're in DFW the Cobra below is selling for $7650. Surely you can find a similar deal in your area.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online