affordable options/the next step

jlfrd096

Reaction score
Hey all! Just want some suggestions or help on which route to go in the near future on rebuilding or replacing npi engine. I would like to have forced induction at some point but don't know if i want to go all out right away. Engine has slightly over 100 k and burns oil. From reading posts I know some guys are in my shoes. I don't want another car payment and love the sn95 body style so i want to upgrade the powertrain but not sure exactly what route to go. Is it worth rebuilding with forged internals and maybe stock pi heads for a future blower..? Has anyone gone this route or another that could shed some light on costs? Just really stuck right now. would like maybe 400 to 500 at the wheels and reliablity. Thought about a 03 04 cobra swap but that could get pricey. And a new pi with a blower might be pushing the limits in that power range. What do you guys have planned for the future?

4point6GT

Reaction score
jlfrd096 said:
Hey all! Just want some suggestions or help on which route to go in the near future on rebuilding or replacing npi engine. I would like to have forced induction at some point but don't know if i want to go all out right away. Engine has slightly over 100 k and burns oil. From reading posts I know some guys are in my shoes. I don't want another car payment and love the sn95 body style so i want to upgrade the powertrain but not sure exactly what route to go. Is it worth rebuilding with forged internals and maybe stock pi heads for a future blower..? Has anyone gone this route or another that could shed some light on costs? Just really stuck right now. would like maybe 400 to 500 at the wheels and reliablity. Thought about a 03 04 cobra swap but that could get pricey. And a new pi with a blower might be pushing the limits in that power range. What do you guys have planned for the future?

my engine is almost at 82,000k but I was debatin on either doin the PI SWAP OR PI MOTOR SWAP, I even looked into the 03/04 cobra swap as well, a friend is still findin me an engine but for now I have decided on doin the PI SWAP, U dont need a PI MOTOR SWAP unless ur engine is fucked up and serious mileage up the ass a guy told me thatd be 300,000+k miles cause both npi n pi engines are same except for those 3 things us npi guys have to swap, I too also want a blower in the future and when that comes i will be upgradin my internals so it can handle the 400+ hp I want with my blower, Im lookin for 300+ N/A b4 i start lookin at blowers if not achievable maybe sooner. hope this helps. goodluck!

ALITL8

Reaction score
my tuner says he's going to build me a NA, 350+hp, PI upgraded, stage III cammed motor when im ready for it. i have an extra 2V NPI block, a PI intake and a set of windsor heads (i know romeo is better but the price was right). he's told me we'll keep the stock crank if its in good shape (they'll take plenty of power) and the main things i'll need are forged pistons, forged rods and bearings. price for the build and tuning will be somewhere in the $2500 range.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ALITL8 said:
my tuner says he's going to build me a NA, 350+hp, PI upgraded, stage III cammed motor when im ready for it. i have an extra 2V NPI block, a PI intake and a set of windsor heads (i know romeo is better but the price was right). he's told me we'll keep the stock crank if its in good shape (they'll take plenty of power) and the main things i'll need are forged pistons, forged rods and bearings. price for the build and tuning will be somewhere in the $2500 range.
That's right
Upgraded parts are better, if you can swing the cost.

your cheapest option would be to do a motor swap, and add a blower if you want 400 Hp.
there's alot of options.

Robert - your motor sounds sweet. how soon are you gonna pull that sucker?

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Robert - your motor sounds sweet. how soon are you gonna pull that sucker?

it should be sweet, at least thats what my tuner tells me ;) it'll be a while before i have it done though. he's supposed to come up with a parts list for me and of course i have to save up and purchase all the goodies. maybe the end of next summer after my busy season, we'll see. its fixin to get slow around here so i have to save every penny for feeding the family right now.

there's also the other parts of the car that will need to be upgraded to support the new power. its gonna be a long road but once its done i'll have the sweetest "street" car on the block... IMO ;D

S

scarface

just do a pi engine swap...It is the easiest of your options.

ALITL8

Reaction score
scarface said:
just do a pi engine swap...It is the easiest of your options.

you'd still have to buy cams and depending on what you want to do, build the bottom end too :dunno:

S

scarface

PI engine swap and a good blower would put him in the range he wants with a safe tune....I feel like if it isnt broken, dont fix it. If he is setting out to do a full on build ,great, but if all he wants is 400-500...He doesnt need to go wild.

4point6GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
PI engine swap and a good blower would put him in the range he wants with a safe tune....I feel like if it isnt broken, dont fix it. If he is setting out to do a full on build ,great, but if all he wants is 400-500...He doesnt need to go wild.

damn scarface, thats a badass sig you got there :thumb:, cant wait to get wheels on my car and take some pics so I can finally have one too, lol. Thanx for all your suggestions as I have came to my decision of doing the PI MOTOR SWAP, now I just need to find it. 8) Yea after blower i will probably have to upgrade my stock internals so I can achieve BEAST status But I should be happy with 400-500 on stock internals .........for awhile :banana:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
didn't even notice my suggestion,,,, or sig.... -snif snif- :'(

4point6GT

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
didn't even notice my suggestion,,,, or sig.... -snif snif- :'(

No i did, lol....you and scarface suggested same, is ur sig new ? sorry for not noticin if it is, must be bc u still got the same colors going on. Its 8) tho so quit cryin :hammer: and THANX ! :thumb:

4point6GT

Reaction score
scarface said:
no-JeremyAlen is not Dalamar. He is another member on here :)

ooooooooooooh jermemy made ur sig and dalamarssssssss :hammer: sorry got confused 4 a min.

4point6GT

Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:

so youre JEREMY, lol. I jus seen your portfolio. :pimp2: theyre all awesome 8). So whats it take for you to make me one ;D

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of green $$$

jk dude... just some good pics and tell me what you want.

Jeremy

EDIT: and start a thread in the VIRTUAL BODY SHOP THREAD...

RE EDIT: ghey caps lock :hammer:

4point6GT

Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:
Lots of green $$$

jk dude... just some good pics and tell me what you want.

Jeremy

haha, well i gotta get me a pic first then dont I :slap: ( slappin myself ) well I will look for you when I do, thanx tho.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.