Aftermarket Alarm Question

5OMustang

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 94 with no keyless entry and I don’t have the wiring in the truck for it either. If I was to install an aftermarket alarm system will that give me the keyless entry? Is there any special module needed? Any brands you all recommend? Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
almost any alarm will give door lock output. Now with that being said that does not mean that it is a DIY thing that just anyone can do and it really is for a professional install. Check with your local shops to see what brands they carry.

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Yeah. I had Circuit City install a Viper alarm in my 94. I’m sure they... ...umm... ...err... ...Best Buy still sells systems, right?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
We have a place called sound quest here that is the viper dealer
If you have a sound quest in your area that is who I recommend

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
lol “Sound Quest” sounds like it could be like our former “Car Toys.” Started off selling car audio equipment, and security. But then security basically became standard. Now everyone have cell phones, so they start phasing out security with cell phones, then phasing our the audio with cell phones. Basically becoming like Radio Shack.

We had this one strip mall... ...Had Car Toys, then Tweeters, which was another car audio store, but was big on the video screens movement. Two car places next to each other made no sense, but there was also your standard mattress store, and a place that sold Gateway computers. Then one by one each store closed, and the strip mall was bulldozed. Ah progress.

joemomma

Reaction score
If you have a car audio shop nearby, they can likely install one for you. They aren't terribly complicated if you have some experience, but I wouldn't recommend for a novice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online