Aftermarket cold air intake

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
So the previous owner did a cold air intake, and it's mounted inside the passenger fender. Just looking at it looks as if it'll collect dirt and water just dailying it, will it be ok? Or should I remove it and mount somewhere else? If so where? And how lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The filter is made to collect dirt and the fender liners should keep it dry as long as you don't get the filter below water level, which is about when you will wonder if the car floats and it will not really matter where the filter is. I would leave it where it is and try to check/clean the filter 2x a year

OP
OP
Blueraz_5.0

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
The filter is made to collect dirt and the fender liners should keep it dry as long as you don't get the filter below water level, which is about when you will wonder if the car floats and it will not really matter where the filter is. I would leave it where it is and try to check/clean the filter 2x a year
I'm just worried about splash up when driving, such as if I hit a puddle or anything, since the entire filter part is in the fenderwell. Will that be fine?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm just worried about splash up when driving, such as if I hit a puddle or anything, since the entire filter part is in the fenderwell. Will that be fine?
there is a plastic liner between the wheel and the filter. Water can't simply splash up to the filter unless you are in some seriously deep water.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Had one for quite a while and never had any issues with water injection. It’s actually fairly well shielded from everything so long as the wheel well liner is intact.

OP
OP
Blueraz_5.0

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
Had one for quite a while and never had any issues with water injection. It’s actually fairly well shielded from everything so long as the wheel well liner is intact.
ok thank you! good to know I should remember to put the fender liner back on lol

tvsn95

Reaction score
Funny what folks do. the Factory setup WAS cold air. pulled air from behind the headlight. the plastic fender and nose parts are supposed to keep direct dirt off the inlet horn. worked well. if you ever pulled an old filter there is ALWAYS bugs and dirt, and heavy rain blew in behind the headlight.
the factory even sealed the inlet horn from the engine bay heat.. They did it right

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.