Aftermarket gauge clusters?

95opal

Reaction score
Oh okay, well then you can do something similar-ish to what 95opal did, maybe sort of gut the stock cluster and use a custom mounting plate for gauges. Just understand that you will not be able to fit as many gauges in there *and* retain the warning lights (You may not even be able to fit the speedo and tacho Auto Meter gauges). You will still also need to do some wiring to get the connectors that fed the gauge cluster to function properly. IMO, it's a lot of work - not too much more work and you could completely swap it out, so I'm not sure I see the benefit of keeping the stock cluster.

Don't even bother gutting a stock cluster,,, If I remember correctly that's what Bryan tried and it didn't work out for him, in the end he followed my set up and made his own panel. You can run whatever you want in your custom cluster you just need to insert bulbs and wire it up, heck you can even cut out the old idiot light panel and incorperate it into your new panel. Word to the wise though you wont be able to fit all the gauges in as the smallest 2 1/16 autometers will only allow you to get three of them in along with a speedo and tack. If you want to get all the gauges in just buy the florida 5,0 piece like mcglsr2 did, but like I said in my first post there cluster moves the gauges forward in the dash and just looks odd. Best bet and easiest is to make your own panel, lay out the gauges the way you want and use whatever gauges appease you.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't even bother gutting a stock cluster,,, If I remember correctly that's what Bryan tried and it didn't work out for him, in the end he followed my set up and made his own panel. You can run whatever you want in your custom cluster you just need to insert bulbs and wire it up, heck you can even cut out the old idiot light panel and incorperate it into your new panel. Word to the wise though you wont be able to fit all the gauges in as the smallest 2 1/16 autometers will only allow you to get three of them in along with a speedo and tack. If you want to get all the gauges in just buy the florida 5,0 piece like mcglsr2 did, but like I said in my first post there cluster moves the gauges forward in the dash and just looks odd. Best bet and easiest is to make your own panel, lay out the gauges the way you want and use whatever gauges appease you.

I agree, cutting up the stock cluster would suck.

Also, for the record, I don't have a Florida 5.0 piece. I bought the cluster from Auto Meter, and the gauges from Auto Meter, and assembled it myself. For folks that might not know, the Florida 5.0 cluster comes with everything pre-assembled.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you are wanting to have more options of what you can see in the aftermarket gauges maybe you should consider going digital. I run plx design gauges because with 3 displays I can monitor oil and fuel pressure, coolant and oil temp, AFR, boost/vac, intake gas temp. They are programmable so you could design them to look almost any way you want or pick from the custom designs others have done that include ford or mustang logos in them. They can also just show the numbers rather then some big fancy display it will show 4 values from the sensors you pic. You can also set upper/lower limits on each one so that if you are not specifically watching that sensor if it goes above/below where you don't want it to it will alarm to tell you. I have had mine or a few years and love them.

http://www.plxdevices.com/product_info.php?id=MULTDM100OBDII

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online