Aftermarket Headlight Install /w Pics.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Hey Guys,

First i would like to thank ART for the awesome deal. They came today and could not be happier with the quality.

Things You Need:

12MM 1/4in Socket (small ratchet)
Medium sized Flat Head
Needle Nose Plyers
Razor Blade

First thing i did was cut down the small line in the plastic header panel with a razorblade. This will help you not having to take the whole damn thing off.
S3500115.jpg

S3500116.jpg

Then they should rotate out like this, there is a plastic pin tab holding these on, just pull it out, (they are reusable)
S3500117.jpg

Next are the corners, There is 1 small nut for each corner. its 12mm. after this is removed they should just slide out.
S3500120.jpg

Now on both sides there is a black flat pin you need to pull out and remove, (hold on to them you need to re use these as well) its circled in red
S3500118.jpg

Next are these little plastic retainers that need to be pinched on both side of the black piece to slide thru the hole. (There are 2 on each headlight) (one on the left and right of the headlight assembly) I used a combination of a flat head and needle nose plyers
S3500119.jpg

After you have got both black retainers pinched your headlight should be able to be removed.

Ok now your ready to put in your new smoked headlights, MAKE SURE you slide them into the plastic (they have little clips on the headlights
S3500123.jpg

Now after you have pushed in the headlights, the new black plastic retainers should be clamped on tight. Now put your new corners on just how you took them off. Makes sure you take notice the gap between the headlights and corners, the 12mm nut determines that gap. Now slide those flat pins back in the top bolts of the headlights, and put back on the plastic headerpanel top. and enjoy

S3500124.jpg

S3500125.jpg

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Install aftermarket headlights

those damn lights look :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: ! SICCCC!! I love them.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score

GOod write up. I was kinda gonna ask about this.
Thanks

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

wish me luck! Im going to use this today! seen as fedex shows up matter of fact! :santa_afro:

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score

Nice! Gets some pics Twista! I got the H Pipe all ready for you too! :santa_smiley:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score

Fixed for the 97 GT guys. It may be 96-98 GT's but im not sure.

Matt94GT said:
95KBGT said:
Hey Guys,

First i would like to thank ART for the awesome deal. They came today and could not be happier with the quality.

Things You Need:

12MM 11MM 1/4in Socket (small ratchet)
Medium sized Flat Head
Needle Nose Plyers - Def. need this to squeeze the black thingies.
Razor Blade I didn't need this at all since the part that needed cut on his 95 GT wasn't on my 97 GT at all.

First thing i did was cut down the small line in the plastic header panel with a razorblade. This will help you not having to take the whole damn thing off.

Then they should rotate out like this, there is a plastic pin tab holding these on, just pull it out, (they are reusable)

First are the corners, There is 1 small nut for each corner. its 12 11mm. after this is removed they should just slide out. Make sure to slide them out towards the corner aka side of the car. I was trying to slide it out towards the front of the car which didn't work at all.
S3500120.jpg

Now on both sides there is a black flat pin you need to pull out and remove, (hold on to them you need to re use these as well) its circled in red

ADDED: Second are the headlight clips. On the top headlight retainer there is a clip that kind of holds down the retainer. Use a flathead to pry up than pull it out. (Save this because youll need it when you install the new lights to help secure them down)

Next are these little plastic retainers that need to be pinched on both side of the black piece to slide thru the hole. (There are 2 on each headlight) (one on the left and right of the headlight assembly) I used a combination of a flat head and needle nose plyers
S3500119.jpg

After you have got both black retainers pinched your headlight should be able to be removed.

Ok now your ready to put in your new smoked headlights, MAKE SURE you slide them into the plastic (they have little clips on the headlights
S3500123.jpg

Now after you have pushed in the headlights, the new black plastic retainers should be clamped on tight. Now put your new corners on just how you took them off. Makes sure you take notice the gap between the headlights and corners, the 12 11mm nut determines that gap. Now slide those flat pins back in the top bolts of the headlights, and put back on the plastic headerpanel top. and enjoy

S3500124.jpg

S3500125.jpg

Rantheman

Reaction score

deffinetly a good write up for anyone to use :santa_afro:

Maniak87

Reaction score
just installed these and mine arn't fitting worth a damn.

the headlight and corner light dont line up. did u screw back those black plastic nut things or keep them the way they came?

the lower plastic slide for the headlight broke on me. couldnt get them to slide in perfect.

i will be buying new retainers as it is impossible to keep them when taking the headlight off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online