Aftermarket Headunit

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
alright i've been searching for posts that address this and i still haven't found an answer. Does anyone know of a wiring harness adapter that works on a 98 GT with the Mach 460 system? i wanna hook up my pioneer head unit but i can't find one that someone has used and confirmed that it worked.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you been to crutchfield.com ? they have adapters that are suppose to work :dunno:

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
yeah, i've seen alot that are "supposed" to work thats why i came here to see if anyone used one that actually worked.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
phil_the_thrill said:
yeah, i've seen alot that are "supposed" to work thats why i came here to see if anyone used one that actually worked.

well there is a few guys over at SVTP that has them and say they work fine so............ :dunno: by the way I called my local Circut City and Best Buy and that's the same part they use to put CD receivers in the Mach 460 set up too.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea they work I got my adapter from Crutchfield. Easy install too

Tony Montana

Reaction score
I just used a schoce adapter fdk something ill post it when i get home. It worked perfectly and the sound is 10x better with the aftermarket unit.

Only problem i had was mounting the deck securely

Do I just remove the lock sliders off the OEM deck?

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i looked at that product on that website but i dont know if its plug and play for the mach 460 sound system. maybe i didnt look hard enough but it didnt look like it was designed specifically for a ford. i'm sure that will work if you cut and splice some wires but i was looking for one that already had the harnesses and was just plug and play. i went ahead and ordered one off crutchfield.com but let me know how that one works out. thanks for the info

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i just got the schosche adapter from crutchfield.com and got it wired up but only my left side speakers would come on. i flipped the harness over and only the right side would come on. i checked all my wire crimps and they were all fine. did anyone else have this problem?

ck5.0

Reaction score
Unless you don't have the wires hooked up right there could be something wrong with the schosche adapte. Did you check that the gain controls are turned up for all the outputs? I am not using the schosche adapter with the gain controls just the basic one here. I could not resist audiooutfitter.com had it for 3.50. I also found this one that actually takes the speaker level inputs and converts them to RCA.

SORRY UPGRADING FORUMS, ATTACHMENT WAS ERASED, YOU NEED TO REUPLOAD!

OP
OP
P

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure it had to be my headunit. i took out the gain control module and just used the two adapters that you showed in the second picutre and i could still only get half my speakers. i gave up on it. prolly just keep the stock headunit in it. the only reason for changing was to hook up my ipod but i got a cassette adapter and i am satisfied with the results.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online