Aftermarket Key Less Entry Install Issue

Xmako

Reaction score
I have just bught a aftermarket keyless entry system for my 95 GT since it missed that option from the factory. My issue is that I can't find the cables pink/yellow and pink/green coming from the door switch that control lock and unlock when I look behind in the driver side kick panel. Could someone just enlight me in which loom I should look? I have one grey with 17 pins (which I think has the trunk release and parking light) and one big that has an 8 mm bolt on top, but neither of these seems correct to me...

And here the images:

The car
http://imageshack.com/a/img746/2613/L9KD1w.jpg
L9KD1w.jpg

The door switch cables, note the badly drawed arrows
http://imageshack.com/a/img661/8140/HqGO7E.jpg
HqGO7E.jpg

And last the kick panel with wires
http://imageshack.com/a/img537/4336/kk7pDo.jpg
kk7pDo.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
they come out of the door into the pass compartment and then go up to the top of the dash. its often made difficult because the wire indicators(the stripes) tend to wear off and then your left with the 5 pink wires for the locks.

Have you done any security/keyless installs yet? If not our cars are really not the cars to start with as the 5-wire reverse polarity wiring system is one of the hardest to diagnose and integrate into. To confirm you have the right wires you need to test them with a volte meter. If I remember correctly the green stripe will show +12v when you push the lock button and the yellow will show voltage with the unlock. There are a couple of wires in that pink bundle that will act like this though so to confirm its the right wire you need to cut one. If it is correct one switch will loose all its functions and neither lock nor unlock and the other switch will only work one way. If all that is good then you need to know how to connect the relays correctly in the circuit with one wire going to the master switch and the other to the slave. Get them wrong and you will blow the lock circuit. Get the wrong wire and you will blow the lock circuit(I am not talking a fuse either).

Its really not a system for a novice to learn in .

OP
OP
X

Xmako

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up ttocs :) Haven't done any keyless install yet but have som electrical education and have soldered a lot of cables before. And yes I have read its more complex on this car but seems doable. Do I read you correct that the pink cables resides behind the passenger sides kick panel and not behind the driver side? In every manual for alarm they say it's beneath the driver.. But this make me feel better since I looked like a maniac for them.. ;)

Could you have a look at beneath wiring diagram for my kit? I think it's correct for the 5-wire reverse polarity but I would really have an expert opnion on this.

Thanks for the help!

fITFuF.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
drivers side is where I got mine I am pretty sure but its been years since I installed them. You can find power there as well. Your diagram looks correct but like I said it is first important to diagnose the correct wires, then you need to diagnose the key side of the wire by again checking for voltage while pushing the buttons.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have electric door locks in my 94 GT but there are NO keyless wires or wire harness in my car because Ford did not put them in! I cannot easily add the keyless module unless I change the harness which is too hard. I am going aftermarket alarm to get the keyless entry function. The door entry wires would have been on the drivers side in the trunks rear quarter panel ...are you sure you even HAVE the wires in your car? I sure don't.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
he is not integrating into the keyless wiring just into the power locks. This is what you do with aftermarket systems they are made to be wired right in.

Mustanger

Reaction score
Ahhh ok that makes sense!!! I totally misunderstood....(and I plan on letting a GOOD professional install mine! ) Thanks TTOCS!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it really is best. The way I worked my way into security installs I took it a little bit at a time and a simple +/- trigger was the first lesson in door locks, the 5-wire reversing polarity system was the last one.... Its really easy to either catch the wrong wire(that looks to be right but has not indicators) or to switch the motor/switch side when wiring and you will hear a something of a sizzling sound, and then the magic smoke will come out of the drivers side switch. For those of you that are not familiar with the magic smoke, it is what powers electronics. Much like when your car is out of gas it will not run, neither will your electronics when you let the magic smoke out but unlike your car its normally much harder to put back in.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I like to throw some of my theory-knowledge out when I can and that is honestly something I learned in tech school..

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Lucky you for not having a factory alarm! My 94 came with it and it was a complete female dog to install an aftermarket alarm. I just gave up and had a professional do it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
funny enough there was no "stock" alarm in 94. A lot of dealers had deals set up with code alarm and would install them at the dealership but other then the keyless, there was not a stock alarm offered in 94.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
funny enough there was no "stock" alarm in 94. A lot of dealers had deals set up with code alarm and would install them at the dealership but other then the keyless, there was not a stock alarm offered in 94.

well whatever, it had the ford oval on it lol so i call it "stock".

nitroram33

Reaction score
it really is best. The way I worked my way into security installs I took it a little bit at a time and a simple +/- trigger was the first lesson in door locks, the 5-wire reversing polarity system was the last one.... Its really easy to either catch the wrong wire(that looks to be right but has not indicators) or to switch the motor/switch side when wiring and you will hear a something of a sizzling sound, and then the magic smoke will come out of the drivers side switch. For those of you that are not familiar with the magic smoke, it is what powers electronics. Much like when your car is out of gas it will not run, neither will your electronics when you let the magic smoke out but unlike your car its normally much harder to put back in.

The Brits came up with a solution for that with all their experience with the Lucas electrics over the years:

Smokekit2.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea its one of those things you will not find when your looking for it, and when your not looking for it then there it is! Happy to say its been a while since I got to smell it. Its a combination of what it smells like when you burn $100 bills, and you shat your pants...

nitroram33

Reaction score
yea its one of those things you will not find when your looking for it, and when your not looking for it then there it is! Happy to say its been a while since I got to smell it. Its a combination of what it smells like when you burn $100 bills, and you shat your pants...

I had a couple of limited edition (1000 total made) 4GB Radeon HD 5970 video cards let the smoke out a couple years ago. Worst smell ever. :cry:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online