Aftermarket receiver and no audio from speakers

Skargon

Reaction score
I don't know much, but I know how to match colored wires.

I Have a 95 with the basic sound, No premium sound that I know of.

Just has a radio and a tape player.

Bought an audio receiver from a friend which worked in his car perfectly.
And a cheap wiring harness from Amazon, which might be my problem..
You be the judge.

I turn it on, It has power, it lights up, etc.
No sound.

But if I turn OFF the receiver, the speakers all pop, as if receiving power.

I Have no idea what this means, I thought I would just be able to swap,
and be done; but like my last car, it doesn't like me messing with audio. lol

I am probably going to go buy a better wiring harness from best buy later today, hopefully that will fix my issue. But if any of you have any idea's to try I am all ears

OP
OP
Skargon

Skargon

Reaction score
1958138_10202480546430153_1588719248_n_zps24594171.jpg

Dstereo_zps90f9987b.jpg

There were no other plugs in the car except for the factory antenna and it plugs into the receiver just fine.
All 4 speakers make the pop noise when I turn it off. I'm more confused than I think I should be here. lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok so looking at that hrns, you have some kind of premium sound system. Look under the radio and you will probably see a small stock amp if you don't have the tweeters on the mirrors.

The two black hrns's wired together comfuse me. I know the small square end goes to the stock wiring does the other end go to your radio? I have not seen an aftermarket radio that seperates the speaker/power wires on separate hrns's. What brand is it?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
unwrap the tape that is holding all the speaker wires together where the two hrns's are spliced and make sure there is no bare copper showing. The popping noise you describe sounds like the stock amp is on but sometimes if the speaker wires are shorted the deck will shut the signal off to keep from blowing.

If none of that looks bad get a voltmeter/test light and make sure that the remote turn on(blue wire) has a solid 12v on it. IF it doesn't you can just connect it to the ignition wire(red) and it will turn on/off with the key

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online