Aftermarket Throttle Body Questions....

94StewFord

Reaction score
I see that the stock unit is 56mm, so what would you recommend if I am going with a CAI (which CAI is best?) as well as Under-drive Pulleys and some electrical upgrades. What about injectors or anything else I am missing without getting into intake and heads? My assumptions are the 65mm is plenty or is that too much?

Thank you!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
everyone LOVES to stick the 75 mm on there even though the opening for the cobra intake is only 70 mm. I would warn you not to go for the cheapest throttle body you can find because when I did and went with a pro-products tb I had the worst idle and it would rev everytime I shifted. I replaced it with an edlebrock and that went away.

Under drive pullies are good for racecars but if you spend a fair amount of time at idle I would not recommend them. It slows down the alt which leads to charging and temp issues for the alt eventually burning them out(I learned after 2 in 8 months burned out on me).

Injectors will require a tune for them to be done right so don't forget that price with them. I would not upgrade the injectors till you get into the heads/cam or boost it though as your not going to gain power from it.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
everyone LOVES to stick the 75 mm on there even though the opening for the cobra intake is only 70 mm. I would warn you not to go for the cheapest throttle body you can find because when I did and went with a pro-products tb I had the worst idle and it would rev everytime I shifted. I replaced it with an edlebrock and that went away.

Under drive pullies are good for racecars but if you spend a fair amount of time at idle I would not recommend them. It slows down the alt which leads to charging and temp issues for the alt eventually burning them out(I learned after 2 in 8 months burned out on me).

Injectors will require a tune for them to be done right so don't forget that price with them. I would not upgrade the injectors till you get into the heads/cam or boost it though as your not going to gain power from it.
Great information, thank you! I’ll stick with the 65mm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online