"Air Bag" light came on yesterday..............

07GtS197

Reaction score
Count the flashes. It’s flashing a code.

I don’t know about a 94 but in my old 98 when the bulb would burn out the stupid airbag module would beep instead of the light flash.

BHernandez

Reaction score
Count the flashes. The most common is code 12. Poor battery connection. Could be as easy as cleaning the battery terminals.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Remove your instrument cluster and in the back twist the air bag light bulb OFF. Never will you have any more issues.
except that every time you start the car it will beep loudly for 20-30 secs to tell you that you have a warning light that is out. A piece of electrical tape over the back of the shroud would work better, of course if you don't want to fix it.

Do a search on youtube and they have vids to follow for the err codes.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
I cleaned the battery terminals and connectors and that didn't work. Also tried by-passing the connector beneath the glove box as shown online to no avail.........

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
ok that isn't bypassing it that just allows you to read the codes IIRC. I have not looked at the vids for a LONG time but I thought they covered it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
You have a short somewhere, you’ll have to narrow it down. It could even be the module is shorted internally. I had that issue with my 98. I just lived with the light until I sold it though.

BHernandez

Reaction score
I flashes once, twice, once, twice, once, twice until it finally stays lit steady................
That's code 12. That means it's not getting enough battery signal. Clean your battery terminals, check for corrosion, and make sure all ground straps are secure.

J_lope82

Reaction score
except that every time you start the car it will beep loudly for 20-30 secs to tell you that you have a warning light that is out. A piece of electrical tape over the back of the shroud would work better, of course if you don't want to fix it.

Do a search on youtube and they have vids to follow for the err codes.
Is that what the beeping is. Damn no wonder thanks for letting me know.

Rod

Reaction score
I would check/test the clock spring behind the steering wheel airbag. Our cars are getting old and thing like this wear out. I'm not certain that a bad spring would blow a fuse though.

BHernandez

Reaction score
Another common cause, especially on converitbles, is the seat belt tensioners relay. They get corroded and stop the power circuit completion to the airbag module.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
Another common cause, especially on converitbles, is the seat belt tensioners relay. They get corroded and stop the power circuit completion to the airbag module.

Both of them aren't working very well..............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online

No members online now.