Air Bag light stays on??

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
today i started my car and noticed that the air bag light stayed on. i tryed shutting the car off and then restarting to see if the light was just being stupid. but no that was not the problem. i have never had any problems with my airbags. does anybody know why this would just suddenly happen?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hmmm, thats strange I dont think I have heard of a light coming on unless the car had a deployment of the bags sometime earlier :dunno:

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
just went to the store and everything is fine now. light goes off after the airbags arm. also my car seemed like it didn't have as much "get up" while the light was on. i don't know if the light had anything to do with it or if it was just some bad gas. it didn't chug, just didn't have as much power.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
silversol said:
just went to the store and everything is fine now. light goes off after the airbags arm. also my car seemed like it didn't have as much "get up" while the light was on. i don't know if the light had anything to do with it or if it was just some bad gas. it didn't chug, just didn't have as much power.
Mine has done that before

Cocomojo

Reaction score
I had the same problem, the connectors to the battery were looking a little warn, replaced them, and the air bag light went away

JeremyAlan

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha! Mine NEVER goes off. :lame: some times it flicks on and off... but for the most part. it is always on.

Jeremy

OP
OP
A

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Cocomojo said:
I had the same problem, the connectors to the battery were looking a little warn, replaced them, and the air bag light went away
that's probably the problem then. cause about a month back my battery died and after i wiggle the connectors a little it started right back up. plus i had my lights flicker while it was idling once. so i will definitely check that. thanks.

G_94_T

Reaction score
theres a 2 wire gray connector under the dash on the pass. side you can use to clear most AB codes (light on)......unless you have a bad clockspring (like me) then it wont go off until it is replaced

94stangr

Reaction score
JeremyAlan said:
Ha! Mine NEVER goes off. :lame: some times it flicks on and off... but for the most part. it is always on.

Jeremy

Same here.. mine never goes off either just flickers, My stupid check engine light is on too im just to lazy to fix the pigtail on the o2 sensor thats throwing the code, I replaced the sensor but not the connector.

G

GREG@SN95

shouldn't be a need to worry

mine did the same thing... BEFORE my accident... and the airbags deployed A-OK and saved my life... lol

94stangr

Reaction score
The dealer told me they could turn it off for me... for only $100 to diagnose the problem and whatever else needs to be done I was like F-U!

G

GREG@SN95

try disconecting that batt and reconnecting a few minutes later...

It worked for me then came back on the next day

Stangbangin

Reaction score
mine stays on too...I think it a special feature on some of the 5.0 to let you know you have them so its ok to go as fast as you want and you'll be ok. jk

G

GREG@SN95

Stangbangin said:
mine stays on too...I think it a special feature on some of the 5.0 to let you know you have them so its ok to go as fast as you want and you'll be ok. jk
lol

it told me that i could drive through a pole and be ok

Fryrice

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. But my horn ,interior lights and power locks dont work .I just replace my clock spring ,and its still doing all that.

Fryrice

Reaction score
silversol said:
did you check your fuses? battery connections?

Yup.Didnt see anything fishy . My tail lights dont work either,but my headlights do .Its a damn bitch I tell ya . :mad:

Fryrice

Reaction score
Ok,the big ass plug on the drivers side floor with the bolt in it wasn't tightened all the way ! It was plugged in tight ,but I said hey,what do I have to loose ? So I tightened down on the bolt a few times , stuck the key in the ignition ,puckered my ass cheeks ,and turned the key . The chime was goin,dome lights were on,oh it was sweet sweet music !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online