Air conditioning parts

Snorky

Reaction score
Anyone know if aftermarket air conditioning lines are any good? Or should i hunt for oem or cars being parted out?

07GtS197

Reaction score
I’ve been running 4 seasons hoses and evaporator core in my 87 Grand Marquis for a few years now with no issues. No leaks and fit well. Can’t speak on mustang specific parts but I don’t see why it would be any different. The drier, though, lost all its paint in a few months. So whichever drier you get, buy one that’s not already painted.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
I’ve been running 4 seasons hoses and evaporator core in my 87 Grand Marquis for a few years now with no issues. No leaks and fit well. Can’t speak on mustang specific parts but I don’t see why it would be any different. The drier, though, lost all its paint in a few months. So whichever drier you get, buy one that’s not already painted.
I just need a line or 2. One popped last summer and i forgot which long line it was. So i will replace them both, vacuum out the system and recharge it.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I just need a line or 2. One popped last summer and i forgot which long line it was. So i will replace them both, vacuum out the system and recharge it.
That should do it for you. I would suggest replacing the drier too because it’s contaminated being open to atmosphere. And don’t forget the pag oil either. It seems like you know what you’re doing though, good luck and let us know how it goes.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
That should do it for you. I would suggest replacing the drier too because it’s contaminated being open to atmosphere. And don’t forget the pag oil either. It seems like you know what you’re doing though, good luck and let us know how it goes.
Lol i would go that far, i have replaced the compressor on my subaru but the process and quantity of adding the pag oil still confuses me

Admiral_peck7

Reaction score
Lol i would go that far, i have replaced the compressor on my subaru but the process and quantity of adding the pag oil still confuses me
They make oiled 134 cans you can use to charge the system with oil after it's already been sealed, they're available at O'Reilly's, usually on the A/C endcap, can't speak for other chains as I'm always either big O or summit.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
They make oiled 134 cans you can use to charge the system with oil after it's already been sealed, they're available at O'Reilly's, usually on the A/C endcap, can't speak for other chains as I'm always either big O or summit.
Thank you!

Admiral_peck7

Reaction score
Thank you!
Just always remember there's a tool/part to make just about everything you'll ever do easier. Those cans have 3oz of oil so if you need more you need extra cans, I usually get 2-3 for compressor replacement. Make sure you backflush the compressor too.

Pallgor

Reaction score
Auto Zone and Advanced Auto carry Freon ready to use with oil and leak repair. They’re about $50 bucks and work well. Put some in my car last year and still blowing cold

Admiral_peck7

Reaction score
Auto Zone and Advanced Auto carry Freon ready to use with oil and leak repair. They’re about $50 bucks and work well. Put some in my car last year and still blowing cold
Stopleak likes to find it's want into orifice tubes and expansions valves and then proceed to not find a way out.

chithead

Reaction score
Great info - thinking about replacing most of the A/C system in our 98 and this definitely helps.

OP
OP
Snorky

Snorky

Reaction score
Great info - thinking about replacing most of the A/C system in our 98 and this definitely helps.
I bought a bunch of parts on rockauto. Everything lined up great. Worked out exactly how I hoped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online