Air filter recommendation

Jp6.0

Reaction score
So I am trying to figure out what air filter to put on my car and I can’t pick. I have searched here and a few different other forums, but most the answers I got they were running a little different style power pipe than I am.

I have an 04 gt with a v3 vortech blower. My power pipe is a 4” tube that comes right outside the fender but it does not point down to the ground like most. I have been looking at a jlt filter that has a 4” opening and it is 6” long and I think the body is about 6” as well “I’ll post a link below”. Let me know what you guys think or what you guys think will work the best for my setup. I know I need a good size filter, but finding flow numbers on these things have been hard. Thanks in advance for any help. Oh and they also have a 9” long filter that would probably clear my fender as well and that might work better.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-replacement-air-filter-4x6/

Benni614

Reaction score
So I am trying to figure out what air filter to put on my car and I can’t pick. I have searched here and a few different other forums, but most the answers I got they were running a little different style power pipe than I am.

I have an 04 gt with a v3 vortech blower. My power pipe is a 4” tube that comes right outside the fender but it does not point down to the ground like most. I have been looking at a jlt filter that has a 4” opening and it is 6” long and I think the body is about 6” as well “I’ll post a link below”. Let me know what you guys think or what you guys think will work the best for my setup. I know I need a good size filter, but finding flow numbers on these things have been hard. Thanks in advance for any help. Oh and they also have a 9” long filter that would probably clear my fender as well and that might work better.

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/jlt-replacement-air-filter-4x6/
That filter will work i ran that filter on my kennebell setup in the fender and all. I run a a smaller version on my turbo setup now

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
That filter will work i ran that filter on my kennebell setup in the fender and all. I run a a smaller version on my turbo setup now

Thank you for the reply. I’ll get that one then because it will fit perfectly where the pipe lands.

Benni614

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I’ll get that one then because it will fit perfectly where the pipe lands.
Yeah it works well just make sure it can be cleaned and oiled because I do that every 3k

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Yeah it works well just make sure it can be cleaned and oiled because I do that every 3k

what do you think about the filter covers? I use them on atvs but haven’t ever used one on a car. It shouldn’t be hard to get to where it’s going to land, but I figured the cover might help keep it a little cleaner.

Benni614

Reaction score
what do you think about the filter covers? I use them on atvs but haven’t ever used one on a car. It shouldn’t be hard to get to where it’s going to land, but I figured the cover might help keep it a little cleaner.
Hmm I seen those on cars that are usually driving in sand or dusty areas but there is restrictions in them airflow

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Hmm I seen those on cars that are usually driving in sand or dusty areas but there is restrictions in them airflow

I don’t think I need one, but hey they do work very well. I have them on atvs with open air boxes and the filters still look new.

Thanks for the help.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Iv got a jlt filter kit on my 97 cobra supercharger it works ok
The rest are bbk

I thought about going with aem because I have always had good luck with them on other projects, but I think I’m going to give jlt a try.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Depending on witch one you get it will come with the shield for the filter it self

So just the filter itself will come with a shield? If so that would be cool. I figured I would just get an air filter and clamp.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
I have a vortech blower on my car. I don’t think they sell a kit for them. I have a pipe I made and going to use a jlt filter. I do like the jlt kits though. We actually put one on a crown vic the other day it it was a really nice upgrade. We did have to cut and flip the in of the tube, but it worked out perfect. Also lowered iat’s about 15-20 degrees over the other intake he had on his car.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I had to customize mine a little to fit the supercharger on my cobra
But it looks really good
I have pictures of it in forums if look it up you will see its way shorter

tvsn95

Reaction score
I run a dry filter ,,don't remember the brand. it is large and fits in the front fender behind the nose for my Turbo setup. It gets really filthy from road dirt.

Boostr1

Reaction score
I would go with the Dry filter as well, AEM makes them. I have one in my 2.7 Ecoboost F150. I have the Green filter on my Kenne Bell which I might change the the AEM Dry Filter. I would also recommend a plastic or whatever non metal tubing for the CAI for less heat build up.

OP
OP
J

Jp6.0

Reaction score
Not really looking for a cai i was more looking for an air filter that wouldn’t restrict my blower. I have a power pipe to the blower then to an Intercooler, so that will cool my air temps.

I got the filter though. Turned out pretty good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online