air intake

dbmblitz10

Reaction score
what problems will i face when replacing my air intake with an smoother aftermarket airbox? correct me if im wrong, but isn't the stock airbox monitored with oxygen sensors?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
just put it on and go...it really doesnt make a big effect on anything...if i was to buy another CAI, i would get a JLt RAI or K&N FIPK.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
If I could do it over I would go with a 4" AFM power pipe. Especially if you plan on HCI in the future!

OP
OP
D

dbmblitz10

Reaction score

heres the pic of my engine bay... my dad looked at it and said it looks as if there are wires running to my airbox...if they are not for the airbox, then are these wires for?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
dude its your MAF and (i forget the other ones name)..all you do is plug them into the new intake. not difficult

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
dbmblitz10 said:
so what would be the best intake to go with for my V6?

whatever you choose, none of them will make a impact on your cars performance, besides the JLT, K&N, MAC, or BBK and they wont do much either...but if you just want something shiny in your engine bay, get a cheap one from ebay

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
air intake your talking, see in the V6 section someone posted a thread about this a while ago, BBK are good but IMO plastic is the way to go. I have a BBK and the fit is decent, not too great and its metal so it does get hot.

But I have to let you know if your looking for more power rather then looks then look elsewhere air intakes might claim high horsepower gains but in your case I wouldnt bet you would get anything more then 3-5HP, although they look good, thats mainly why I got mine.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Its a V6? Why the hell did I think it was a 5.0? :nonono: I'm retarded...

Anyways since its a V6 I wouldn't even bother with it. Enjoy driving it until you can save up for a V8 Mustang. Not trying to sound harsh but you will be greatly wasting your time and money on a V6.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
Its a V6? Why the hell did I think it was a 5.0? :nonono: I'm retarded...

Anyways since its a V6 I wouldn't even bother with it. Enjoy driving it until you can save up for a V8 Mustang. Not trying to sound harsh but you will be greatly wasting your time and money on a V6.

I second that...maybe a newer one...like 99-2005 theyre decent but that year is horrible...buy a old 5.0 or something

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
some people dont buy mustangs just to go crazy fast, and can live with not being the fastest....in fact, pre99 GTs shouldnt really talk alot of shit since a splitport V6 ustang can give you a run for your money

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online