Air vent selector issues

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 2001 mustang GT and am having issues with the air vent selector. Now if I select face the face vents work, if I select off the air vents shut off. Now if I select feet, feet/window screen it just defaults to window. Any ideas on why I can’t select the feet or feet/window screen opinions?
Many thanks
Adam

PS. I should also say it does work correctly on some occasions

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You have a vacuum issue more than likely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Yep I sure do. I took the control panel out and when the face vents are selected there is no noise but if I select any other settings you can hear air hissing out of the rubber unit on the back of the unit

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I sure do. I took the control panel out and when the face vents are selected there is no noise but if I select any other settings you can hear air hissing out of the rubber unit on the back of the unit

Sounds like you found your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Does any know where the red and blue vacuum hoses go?
I’ve found out that the black hose is the source and there is a vacuum there. The yellow hose goes to the vacuum motor just behind the radio and there is vacuum there if I select the face vent, the white hose that goes to another vacuum servo/motor on the right hand side behind the glove box also has vacuum going to it but only when I select the MAX AC setting. I can’t find where the blue and red hoses go

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online