ALITL8's Upgrade Thread - Untuned Startup Video Added

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Re: ALITL8's Upgrade Thread

pics of the motors pulled apart... can you guess which one had 170,000 miles on it ???

found out the PI motor is a Windsor so my valve covers and timing cover wont switch over... looks like i'm buyin that shit! :D

i found some used 13/14 hole valve covers w/ pass side oil fill for $40 and im liking that price a LOT over what the dealership told me!!!

anyway, the picture of the motors on stands is attached. the new cams arent installed yet (obviously). i know its not as cool as some of your's but im lovin it!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

got covers!! everything should start coming together now O0

rick focks

Post Whore
Reaction score

timing's working out splendedly see ya next week >:D

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

Rick said:
timing's working out splendedly see ya next week >:D

gimme a call if you get lost LOL

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

Rick said:
u ne where near tulsa?

depends on your definition of near... im about 2 hours away :dunno:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

should be done in the next week or so. went by the shop to drop off a new flywheel (windsor motor has 8 bolts apparently) and the motor is in the car. we're waiting on a clutch, installing the suspension parts and the retune.

sorry no pics... i forgot the camera! it does look good under my hood though ;D

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

that's cool! get some pix man!! hahaha.

I know what you mean about dealership parts prices - it's more like turn and cough!

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Matrix%20post%20pix.bmp

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

my tuner tells me he has pics but i have yet to see them. i gotta go drop off some money in a couple of days so i'll get pics then O0

Mr Jones 4.6

Reaction score

Looks like alot of fun....brings back old memories of waiting for things to come together. Sounds like the car is going to run really good. Good Luck and cant wait to see pics and numbers.

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score

Matt94GT said:
Sweet cant wait for pics, havent seen ya round here much how have you been keeping?

been busier than all hell, which is good for this time of year. i try to look in on the board when i can and cast my vote weekly O0

but enough about me... anyone want to see PICS AND A SHORT VID!! stopped by to drop off some money, pick up my LCA's to send them back to Summit (missing pieces :mad:), listen to it run and take some pics. please excuse her appearance, she needs some major detailing (a paint job) and some extensive under body cleaning!!

my new sig will soon read:
00 PI Motor, K&N FIPK CAI, C&L Plenum, BBK 75mm TB, Comp XE262AH Cams, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Steeda UDP's, Motive 390's, MGW Short Throw, 17x9/10.5 Cobra R's, NT555R Extreme DR's, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, Tokico HP Blues, UPR/Shark CC Plates, Lower Torque Box Reinforcements, Lakewood Traction Action Lift Bars, MM FLSFC's, TrickFlow Rear End Girdle and a Freshened Up T-45 5spd

anyway, on with the show :naughty:

here's how she sounds:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uETmrUeKBT8

and here's a few pics, once shes all cleaned up all of this will look much better! i cant believe i forgot to take a picture after the K&N was put back in :nonono:

gt25.jpg

gt26.jpg

gt27.jpg

gt28.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's awsome Robert! you gotta be stoked 8)

Nice girdle O0

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
That's awsome Robert! you gotta be stoked 8)

Nice girdle O0

thats an understatement!! i cant wait to hear it once its tuned :boink:

oh and yes, i noticed we have the same dif cover O0 pretty sweet looking piece isnt it?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ya, it looks nice!

Nice now you can lauch as hard as you want with no worries about the rear end, axles are good, and the bearings will stay tucked in bed :)

did you do axles? I cant remember - if so - Which carrier did you go with?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Ya, it looks nice!

Nice now you can lauch as hard as you want with no worries about the rear end, axles are good, and the bearings will stay tucked in bed :)

did you do axles? I cant remember - if so - Which carrier did you go with?

nope, no axles yet... im gonna wait till i break the stock stuff so i have an excuse to upgrade. this little adventure ended up costing me about double what the original quote was. going from Romeo to Windsor is a bigger PITA than you would think... lots of stuff doesnt swap! i mostly did the girdle for looks but when another shop installed my gears they rounded off and cross threaded my fill plug so i had to do something. this cover has a fill hole that appears to be in the right location O0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online