Alittle Help folks

jpajkos

Reaction score
I have a buddy who was driving in his 97. He was traveling down the road when all of a sudden this guy cuts him off like the bad of out hell. He slams on his brakes he was on the freeway doing about 60 mph. He hit one of those Road work ahead signs. His car is fine. We check it out. Only thing is I think his tires might be bad? Cuz when he drives theres thud sound like maybe there's a flat spot on his tires. What do you guys think. I checked for everything else it seems to be ok. Tire rods, shocks, springs, see, to be fine. Im thinking cuz his tires locked up that he got some sort of a flat spot on them. Let me know what you think.

S

scarface

I guess its possible, but I would think it would take more than one slide to give a flat spot. Might have broken a belt in the tire though.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I have never had a flatspotted tire so i dont know about them but i dont think they would make a noise. It is more than likely a broken belt. I have driven a vehicle with a broken belt. I thought the damn thing was gonna fall off or something lol.

S

scarface

It will fall apart. Its called "separating" That tire will likely blow apart soon if it is a belt.

venom97

Reaction score
try rotating the front to the back and see if that helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online