All metal intake manifold

OP
OP
M

Motojoe

Reaction score
I love the idea of all metal but I don't know if I trust it. Sounds too good to be true, or to good to be priced so cheap. A typhoon is double that. What do you guys think?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Wow, either of those intakes look so much better than the stock piece. I might end up with one of these for my build.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the plastic intake and that coolant cross over crap are definitely two things I am glad the old pushrods don't have to deal with. Not saying they are better then the modular by any means just happy I didn't have to deal with them.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Flawed design for sure!

Nice attempt at saving weight/cost but the engineers F'd that one up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have to laugh a little as before the plastic all started to rot away I remember a new edge guy telling me about how much better they were made from plastic as there is no heat-soak. He told me that he would not trade his plastic intake for an aluminum one and $500 because of all the extra power he got from the lack of heat-soak. I have often wondered if he still had the car and still had the plastic intake.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
They should have had FAST design and build them. They make some sweet composite intakes for the LS crowd.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online