all this talk about projectors

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
you guys were talking abou the depot lights. had to check them out, and one thing led to another....... what corners should i go with?
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
you are getting hids right? :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice: :rice:

j/k about the rice thing ;) Im waiting on my projectors to come to so if your :rice: than im :rice:
I would ask 95KBGT what corners he has.

GL
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
do a search on google for depo mustang projectors

they come in chrome or black.
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
95KBGT said:
do a search on google for depo mustang projectors

they come in chrome or black.
i bought some of the depo clear chrome ones but it was for only the headlights, no corners.
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
95KBGT said:
i would say crystal clears. or diamond ones.
i would like to get the depo ones because of the quality but they only sell the ones with amber lenses from what i can tell. correct me if i am wrong. anyone ever tried to attemp to take the amber shit out. i think i have read it somewhere.
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
ju015dd said:
95KBGT said:
i would say crystal clears. or diamond ones.
i would like to get the depo ones because of the quality but they only sell the ones with amber lenses from what i can tell. correct me if i am wrong. anyone ever tried to attemp to take the amber shit out. i think i have read it somewhere.
i have done that with my ranger at the time, its really easy, you just put the corners in the oven at 200*F and let them heat up, use a flat head and a razor blade to split them apart, when i did mine the amber lense should pop off. They also used to make a frost coating you can put on the inside so its not just a clear lense the light emits thru. or you can scuff them up or you can leave them alone, then take a dremel and clean up the edges, and get some plastic epoxy, mix it up and put the pieces back together, after it is cured seal the seam with silicone.
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
95KBGT said:
ju015dd said:
95KBGT said:
i would say crystal clears. or diamond ones.
i would like to get the depo ones because of the quality but they only sell the ones with amber lenses from what i can tell. correct me if i am wrong. anyone ever tried to attemp to take the amber shit out. i think i have read it somewhere.
i have done that with my ranger at the time, its really easy, you just put the corners in the oven at 200*F and let them heat up, use a flat head and a razor blade to split them apart, when i did mine the amber lense should pop off. They also used to make a frost coating you can put on the inside so its not just a clear lense the light emits thru. or you can scuff them up or you can leave them alone, then take a dremel and clean up the edges, and get some plastic epoxy, mix it up and put the pieces back together, after it is cured seal the seam with silicone.

yeah, i will have to think hard about that, i just hope i dont fudge them up
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
are they cheap? if so buy 2 sets. also i know you dont like the amber but maybe it will look good if you use those bulbs that appear chrome/blue when off then when they come on they go orange
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
95KBGT said:
are they cheap? if so buy 2 sets. also i know you dont like the amber but maybe it will look good if you use those bulbs that appear chrome/blue when off then when they come on they go orange
not too cheap, i went ahead and got the depo corners because of the quality. think they were like 56 bucks total, i will have to put them on and tell if i like the amber or not. might not be too bad. you got any front shots of your lights with them off? i just hope they look right no my car
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg
 

95KBGT

Legend
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
0
ju015dd said:
nice, i cant wait to see them on my car. how much better are the beams at night?
10x's better and w/ hid's 100x's better
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
Still havent got my lights. Hopefully, this guy doesn't have them in stock and refunds back my money. I might get some depots also, b/c this shit is ridiculous with the projectors im waiting on currently. Its been 1 week since i had my hids, but cant install them w/o lights.
 

ju015dd

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2006
Messages
1,947
Reaction score
31
Location
tallahassee, fl
Twista said:
Still havent got my lights. Hopefully, this guy doesn't have them in stock and refunds back my money. I might get some depots also, b/c this shit is ridiculous with the projectors im waiting on currently. Its been 1 week since i had my hids, but cant install them w/o lights.
that is what i thought too when i first started seeing them on our cars. but they have really grown on me. and i have heard nothing but great things about the quality and look of the depo projectors. price isnt too bad either.
 

Twista

Legend
Joined
Mar 7, 2006
Messages
6,042
Reaction score
76
SRT Handz said:
they look like poopy on our cars

The projectors stick out more on the black depo housing lights. On the chrome housing it wouldn't stick out as much. I would open the case and re-paint the silver eye trimming black (if i could), but thats just me talking :D
fd94mt-14237pcx.jpg
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
75,016
Messages
1,454,473
Members
13,636
Latest member
macsnjets

Members online

No members online now.
Top