All you 5.0 guys read this!

ripper

Reaction score
Wifes car was runnin shitty this mornin. I knew it was time for plugs, rotor, cap, air filter. Now I always have my mechanic do the work on her stock 5.0. But I was home so I said wtf ill do it myself.

WHO IN THERE RIGHT FUCKIN MIND WOULD PUT PLUGS IN THOSE PLACES? :rant: :rant: :rant:

What a friggin PIA. The one closest to firewall on passenger side is almost impossible.

I can change the plugs on my 4.6 in 10 mins. and never break a sweat.

OK end of rant

Roger wilco over and out

ps Ill never do it again. :'(

95-stang

Reaction score
Mine are easy, but then there's no smog pump or much else on that side. :)

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It's not that bad really, but the one that is blocked by the smog equipment does suck a little.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
It's not that bad really, but the one that is blocked by the smog equipment does suck a little.
they are cake compared to an Fbody. :hammer:

94Vert

Reaction score
i changed mine in about 30 min, that was the only one that was hard, passenger side rear

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
eh could be worse. could be like the old big block mustangs where you had to pull the motor or inner fenderwells to change them

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
there not that bad(like they said try a fbody). after i took them out the first time i had em figured out and it wasnt bad putting them back in.

94yellowgt

Reaction score
I can change mine in about 15 mins if I need to. Of coarse I don't have smog, EGR and no strut tower brace, and oh yeah, I also have equal length headers.

OP
OP
R

ripper

Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
94yellowgt said:
I can change mine in about 15 mins if I need to. Of coarse I don't have smog, EGR and no strut tower brace, and oh yeah, I also have equal length headers.
+1 but I have long tubes

I didnt really look. I thought it was a/c lines in the way. Other wise I would of ripped them out.

drifts14x

Reaction score
+1 to it being a PITA, I had to change the wires (installed my MSD 8.5 Pro Cores), took like 2 minutes to do all of them except that passenger rear, such a B!

Then again, my brother had a 95 T/A, that was probably the worst car ever, I actually ended up popping the motor up 6 inches to get to it, last time I ever, EVER change plugs on an F-Body, I'd take it to the Stealership before I did that one again. The only time you should change plugs on those cars is when you're pulling the block out for other mods.....

4.6 FTMFW, hell no, 5.0, there's a reason it is the most modded motor in probably all of history, it's the best!!!!

Fryrice

Reaction score
Sounds like "noob" mechanic syndrome where everything seems harder than it really is,lol. ;D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online