Alright all you detail savy guys (Alittle8)

jpajkos

Reaction score
Im running out on all my cleaning products. Reason why I haven't bought any new stuff is because I tried so many different polish's and stuff I really can't tell what works the most. See my car is Lazer Red so it has a nice deep darkish red and my paint is in excellent shape other then a few door dings. Since im buying an orbital I want to know. What is some of the best polish/wax to give your car that super wet look. I really want that "wow" effect. Thanks guys.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I used the Cleakote lineup on my laser red and I friggin LOVE IT! I have tried some since and nothing comes close. Here is my thread for some visual input:

http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=1438.msg18341#msg18341

And I thought it was good before! It deffently gives a nice DEEP look which I perfer over a super reflective shine. Looking back at those pics I wanna wax my car again (even though I just did it 2 days ago with a diffrent product) because it looks soo nice in those pics with the Clear Kote, looks like the paint is dripping off :behind:

Oh yeah here is another pic if this doesnt convince you I dont know what will:
laserred.jpg

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The wax i have used since getting my dfg stang is p21s. Its looks pretty damn good. I have used a lot of products in a fairly short time and havent run across many that i wouldnt use again. Like i said p21s wax is good (i might try natty's blue one of these days), meg's hotshine is a great tire shine, clearkote quickshine is a great qd as it really gives the finish more pop. Another product that i have tried and really liked pb spray&wipe, one grand omega glaze. There are a lot of products that i have used but i am drawing a blank right now for whatever reason. One thing is i NEED to get a pc 7424. Tomorrow will be a fix some chips day as it is supposed to be pretty nice and a noticed a few new chips/scratches :'(

ALITL8

Reaction score
im going to share this once... so ya'll better write it down. Rightlook.com, i have been satisfied with their waxes and polishes for 5+ years! i use 3M compounds and/or Rightlook makes a really nice clearcoat compound :thumb:

here's a 95 Cobra we detailed... in person, it looks liquid!!!

cobi4.jpg

cobi8.jpg

cobi9.jpg

btw, these polishes and waxes have the same effect on any color :dunno:

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno some waxes give more of a 'shine' and others give more of a 'depth' to them IMO on a red car depth is allways good and even more so on metallic thats why I like the clear kote. Now if I had a dark green or black car then I would deffently go for the shine/reflective look.

But ya that does look damn good man, super shiny! :eek:

ALITL8

Reaction score
trust me it was deep... like i said it looked like liquid, you wanted to dip your hand in the paint!! i do like the way your car looks and looks like the wax, etc. is working well for you

here's a little before and after action...

cobi5.jpg

cobi6.jpg

OP
OP
J

jpajkos

Reaction score
Hey Matt where did you purchase your products? Is there like a step process like a cleaner wax, polish and wax? I will be buying a porter cable oribtal from my job (Lowe's). I really like how your car turned out. The body on my car is flawless. So thats why im ready to give it a good detail job. Let me know what I should buy such as what kind of pads you used to apply each polish etc. Thanks man!!! Your car looks awesome.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The p21s wax is more of the shine/reflective look. It looks like glass. I can look at the car and see everything behind me like i am looking into a mirror :eek:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I suppose you are talking about very cherry premium wax and the premium polish? Have you used it on a dark green? I might have to give it a try. I have never heard of it and didnt find much info on it either. it looks damn good on red.

ALITL8

Reaction score
im still using the original "Premium Wax" formula. looks like my next order will be for the Very Cherry and the reformulated Glaze. you have to look in the polishes and compounds section for the Premium Polish. im very pleased with their products, they are easy to use and give fantastic results!

here's a green 94 RX7 we detailed... the paint was pretty hammered so we did what he could afford (orbitaled on compound, rightlook polish, rightlook wax). it came out very nice although a high speed buff was needed.

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Hey Matt where did you purchase your products? Is there like a step process like a cleaner wax, polish and wax? I will be buying a porter cable oribtal from my job (Lowe's). I really like how your car turned out. The body on my car is flawless. So thats why im ready to give it a good detail job. Let me know what I should buy such as what kind of pads you used to apply each polish etc. Thanks man!!! Your car looks awesome.

I got it from eshine.ca but its in Canada...try www.autogeek.net for clearkote stuff. Read thru my thread I beilve I described what I used and how I did it. If not I can clarify im just heading to bed.

ALITL8, what products did you use on the laser red there? Might have to try em out.

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
ALITL8, what products did you use on the laser red there? Might have to try em out.

same stuff i use on my car and my customers cars... 3M Perfect It II, Rightlook.com's Premium Polish and Premuim Wax. my next order will be for the Clearcoat Compound (great stuff), Premium Polish, Very Cherry Premium Wax and the Premium Glaze (reformulated... formerly Premium Wax). i havent tried the Very Cherry yet but im sure its as awesome as any of their products.

you guys should know this is the first time on any board or in person ive ever shared this info. i personally think Rightlook's stuff is top shelf and its what helps make my details better than my competitors :thumb:

wytstang

Reaction score
I use Poorboys World and Clearkote they give great results and are very user friendly and both are sun friendly....

ALITL8

Reaction score
wytstang said:
I use Poorboys World and Clearkote they give great results and are very user friendly and both are sun friendly....

do they sell either of those in gallons? i "love" my products (they're sun friendly as well) but i'd try others if the price is right. i definitely like the way Matt's car looks :thumb:

i detail cars nearly every day in almost every kind of weather, i live in central Oklahoma (sunny and hot, A LOT lately!!). i look for shade but sometimes its just not there. i have to have a product i "know" will work in any weather. it also needs to be a product that works well on any color. deciding if Poorboys or ClearKote is going to look better or worse is not something i can afford to do. my daddy always told me "keep it simple, stupid" ;) the stuff i use really does look great on any color. i personally believe the appearance is more related to the quality of products, prep (washing, this is very important) and the application/removal process... but what do i know?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try the clear kote lots and lots of people love the RMG (Red Moose Machine Glaze) and thats the one thing they buy from them but I got most of their lineup and i LOVE their stuff, the quick detailer is wicked, doesnt just clean well but it actually brings up a wicked shine and makes my metallics stand out.

ALITL8

Reaction score
im pretty sure my details stand out... ive taken 2 gold trophies in the only 2 mustang shows ive entered (94-98 DD class). i also took a 1st place "cleanest in show" and 2nd place in "best in show sports car" at a Sprint PCS Employee show (all makes, all years, all models).

i also detailed a 00 mustang vert that took gold in one of the mustang shows... modified class. i'll see if i can find the pic, its a laser red also ;)

on another note, i finally tried that Megs Hot Shine... thats some good tire shine!! dont know if its cost effective yet but i like the shine and durabilty :thumb:

edit:// sorry for the bragging, im all full of myself today ;D

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah told ya you would love the hotshine, I got the spray bottle and it sucks I HATE IT. Gotta get another can asap. Smells wicked eh? It does last a long time IMO as well.

You gotta get that other pic up of the other laser red!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.