also am I a moron??

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I've had my car since June. I've put int a rebuilt 306, new intake, cold air, pulleys just got my gears and I have yet to get a damn shifter?? I drive alright with the stocker so I guess I just assume power is more important. oh and I've totally ignored suspension for the time being. even though my upper and lower control arms new springs are in the mail. My car alreayd had subframs so thats ok. so go ahead let me have it. I can take it

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
well the only thing I would question you on is spending all that money on the engine and not getting a aftermarket shifter ??? everyone knows how terrible the stock ones are and thats the first thing that goes in anyones stang :D. But hey if you are fine with the stocker ..............KEEP IT ;D

ryclef331

Reaction score
You should still get an after market regardless of your driving skill with a stocker. You will LOVE the difference from simply getting rid of the bushings in the handle. Also any aftermarket is going to come with SHIFT STOPS. These can save your tranny's shift forks in the event of a missed shift.

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
yea HUGE difference with aftermarket ull realize how sloppy the stock one is and how tight an aftermarket really is

FaStStAnG5-0

Reaction score
after i put in my hurst billet plus shifter i noticed that the stock shifter compaired to the hurst felt like i was driving a big sloppy shifting truck.. definately get a shifter!!!

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I guess when I was building my motor I got carried away with the power aspect and once in the car I kept wanting to add a little more to it without looking at the big picture. At least I didn't break something while being dumb....::knock on wood:: But I did my my shifter today and is a huge difference. That was the last thing I was waiting for before going to the track to get some baseline numbers.

Downshift

Reaction score
LOL no man your not a moron.Bet that baby scoots. Anyway Just get a shifter next you will not regret it. I have heard the best about the tri ax. I have driven a car with the tri ax and I love it. The hurst I have is ok anything is better then stock. Only thing I dont really care for on mine is the click that comes with the hurst shifters if you have driven one you know what im talking about. Goodluck bro.

OP
OP
S

Stangbangin

Reaction score
it runs pretty good.. better now with the new heads. I had the idle issues but thats it. now it idles like a champ. I don't know what we'll run at the track now but I ran a 13.79 with stock heads and a stock shifter. so hopefully better than that now with the new heads and giggle gas

S

scarface

sounds fast :) Get a shifter and it will make your driving experience quite a bit my fun :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99