Alternatives to the Porter Cable Orbital D/A Polisher?

Reaction score
Are there any cheaper alternatives that still do a decent job?

I recently picked up a 96 Contour as a daily driver. It's black and the paint is in dire need of some restoration, so figured I could practice on that for fun.

Juztang

Reaction score
The Porter Cable is totally worth the investment. There isn't anything even comparable when you figure the price to how safe it is to use. Not only is the Porter Cable safe but you can get an awesome results and take your paint to a whole new level. The cheaper polishers that you can get over the counter don't have enough speed to do any kind of paint correction, they are basically designed to put on sealants and waxes. I carry Porter Cable kits on my website that has everything needed to get started. My basic PC kit comes with the PC, 5 inch flexible backing plate, orange light cutting pad,white polishing pad, and gray finishing pad. I also have kits that have everthing I just mentioned plus a medium and light swirl remover/polish included with them.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Justin,

I didn't even know you had responded to my thread. Thanks for the sale!!!!!

Steve

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The PC isn't really that expensive, i bought mine new for just over $100 and that was with 5" and 6" plates...Definately worth the investment.

ALITL8

Reaction score
DropTopPony said:
The PC isn't really that expensive, i bought mine new for just over $100 and that was with 5" and 6" plates...Definately worth the investment.

+1 there is no substitute. sure you can go purchase a $29-$39 orbital w/terry pads and do a good job but the PC will give you better results and will last forever... i abuse mine daily!!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I endeup buy a PC, some pads, and products from Juztang's Obsessive Detail website.

I'm still learning, but am VERY happy with the PC's performance! And that was with some crappy Turtle Wax rubbing compound. I've been practicing on my daily driver, a 96 black Contour.

I'm gonna try some Optimum Compound and Justin's Obsessive Detail Light Polish this week and see how it goes with some real products.

Once I feel comfortable, I'll move onto the Mustang.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.