Altinator

voidfinger

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just found out that the pi altinator is different than my npi alt, does anyone have a stock one for sale?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
i've got a stock 60k mile takeoff from my car that worked great when i removed it in december.. how bout $50 shipped?

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
naw, its the alt bracket locations

the npi has different locations for the alt brack to bolt too, i think the electrical is just the screw on thing right?

Thomas_W

Reaction score
hhmmm... might be.. i think the 3 wire connector is different to.. either way, i've got one if you need one.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i know the actual brackets are the same, but im pretty sure the alternators are the same. :dunno:

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
so thomas did you have to modify anything to make it work since you said it was different than the npi alt? thanks

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
i know the actual brackets are the same, but im pretty sure the alternators are the same. :dunno:

Brackets are different, the bracket mounting spots on the alt is in a different location too. :( I can make mine work but i just don't like the fact that the bracket is drilled on and stuff, ya know.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so thomas did you have to modify anything to make it work since you said it was different than the npi alt? thanks
[/quote\

what are yall talking about, either im confused or we all are.. lol? i've got a Bullit alternator on my car. I had to change the 3 wire connector on it... but thats b/c is a 4g and not a 3g alternator.. i think they changed the connectors between the 96-98 and the 99-04 2v cars too.

OP
OP
V

voidfinger

Reaction score
ok then, i guess i'll just have to fab up a bracket that looks nice to use on it. Thats all was wanting is something to fit right but it just didn't fit right ya know. O0 no problem though. thanks

Whistler98

Reaction score
When I did my pi swap I left the bracket off and haven't had one on there since. It's been about 10,000 miles and no probs yet. I have the blower on it too. I just make sure the bolts are really tight.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
when i put on the aluminum ccrossover NPI intake manifold, i was suppose to use a PI aternator bracket...but i just used the NPI one and drilled a couple holes, works perfectly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online