aluminum driveshaft for 96 gt with automatic trans ?

samsonhusky

Reaction score
Looking to get aluminum driveshaft for the automatic but all I'm seeing is for the manual transmission. Is it just a matter of changing out the yoke on the new one to the stock yoke on my old one ? Or do I have to get a driveshaft made for the automatic and if so where can i find one ?

PinkieT

Reaction score
The Summit Racing driveshaft I got had a Ford Racing part number on it and was $25 cheaper - $299.95 for the Summit part vs. $324.95 for the Ford Racing part delivered even though it is exactly the same thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score
thanks for the reply sounds easy enough. I've seen the summit ones good to hear some feed back on them thanks.

OP
OP
samsonhusky

samsonhusky

Reaction score
Follow up. Got the aluminum driveshaft in. I used a ford racing that was for foxbody 5 speed. Changed out the yoke it worked fine.

The stock yoke was 4.7 pounds the ford racing was 2.6 that’s 2.1 pounds difference just in the yoke weight. Not to happy about that it is what it is. My stock yoke is made different than the fr.

Stock driveshaft weighed 22 pounds. After putting stock yoke on aluminum driveshaft it weighed 16 pounds. I guess 6 pounds is better than nothing. Thanks for the help again guess.

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
If you really want to get crazy, you can order a spiced slip yoke that matches the spline and diameter of the stock yoke, but it doesn’t have that crazy weight on it. Looks just like the 5 speed one but made for the auto

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online