Aluminum driveshaft on sn95

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know if adding one of theses to a sn95 will cause emergency brake cable problems and does it need a safety loop?

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

RichV

Reaction score
No and No.

Of course it may depend on make, mine is a FMS.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Nope I had a Ford racing one in my 94.

what no one mentioned and could happen. These cars have a tendency when you pull the Ebrake up hard it can cause that plate to bend down there. Causing rubbing on the DS .Before you put in you new DS just make sure it's tucked up as close as you can to the body.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know if adding one of theses to a sn95 will cause emergency brake cable problems and does it need a safety loop?

yes. and yes.

okay. i just wanted to be different.

no. and no.

in all seriousness, i'd suggest throwing in the loop while youre there. not a huge deal, but good piece of mind... and they're not pricey....

Just my $0.02 :)

Addermk2

Reaction score

Are you drag racing the car, using slicks, and running 11’s?

You probably don't need a safety loop.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

Michael Plummer

Reaction score

It could if the driveshaft is rubbing on the cable. It's a good idea to check on it once the installation is done. Is a driveshaft safety loop needed at your level? Depends on how you use the car (drag racing, slicks, etc.) but if you are going to take the plunge the driveshaft safety loop from Stifflers is a nice piece: http://buystifflers.com/driveshaftsafetyloop79-98mustang-1.aspx

Good luck
Michael Plummer

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
the alumnium DS is a larger diameter than the stocker.
Sometimes you'll get rubbing if the rear control arm bushings are worn. Mine doesn't rub but I have after market upper and lower control arms too.

While the DS is out, look real close at the e-brake cable that goes through the tunnel for fraying. and replace if needed.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Are you drag racing the car, using slicks, and running 11’s?

You probably don't need a safety loop.

have you even SEEN mythbusters?

what if his shaft drops DIRECTLY into a pothole? .... yeah. thats what i thought.

;)

Addermk2

Reaction score
Chris, please never quote me again... I feel like I get cancer every time you try to be funny.

Handz

Reaction score
My stock driveshaft did rub.... But it only rubbed because the car was so low and when i went over a bump the rear end articulation would cause the driveshaft to touch. I have an IRS now and since the diff dis stationary, I dont have this problem anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online